PDA

View Full Version : Winch Troubles

c7cornell
25th May 2012, 08:05 PM
I have a T-Max 9500 steel cable, The thing will only let the cable out it will not pull it back in, Is this due to gearing? I have replaced the Box on top and the contoler, and have re-done the wires but it is still doing the same thing. If it is the Gearing is it easy to pull apat or should i send it off?

Any help would be Great
Thanks Chris

04OFF
25th May 2012, 08:10 PM
Does the motor turn when you power in ?

If the motor turns, but not the drum, it sound like it could be the clutch/gear problem, you should be able to remove the gearbox end yourself and have a look .

c7cornell
25th May 2012, 08:16 PM
Yeah makes all the sounds going out and the drum turns. but the going in i don't get anything i can hear it wanting to work but nothings is happening

04OFF
25th May 2012, 09:40 PM
if you put the clutch lever to "free wheel" ,can you turn the drum in the "in" direction by hand ?

see if the motor will turn both ways (under power) with the clutch set to free wheel.

you could also try swapping the power out cable on the motor for the in cable, this could help rule out a power supply issue ?

MudRunnerTD
26th May 2012, 12:24 AM
yep as 04OFF stated mate, try and swap the wires. Generally when you loose a direction on your winch it is a bad solenoid. The box on top has 4, if 1 is faulty then you will loose a direction.

If you have swapped out the solenoid box and still hve the same trouble i'd be borrowing a Hand Controller off a mate and plugging it into yours and see if your controller has a broken circuit in it??

Do as 04OFF stated or bypass the Solenoid box and use a jumper lead and hot wire the winch to see if it will go both ways?? The Solenoid box is a switching circuit to allow you to switch down a massive amp load from the hand controller to the winch motor, thats all it does, hot wiring the winch will show you if it works at least and you can rule out the motor.

c7cornell
26th May 2012, 06:16 PM
Thanks boys took it around to a mates and he checked it out. It turns out when i was connecting the wires i put the wrong one in the wron place all running well now.
Cheers fro the help
Chris