PDA

View Full Version : New GU 8 2012 Model

philZD30patrol
25th May 2012, 05:44 PM
Hi There

Does anyone own the latest GU 8 2012 Patrol?

I have done my best to search for owner information and experiences of the 2012 GU8 range without success.

I take delivery of a new 2012 built DX GU 8 Automatic Wagon in the A.C.T. next Wednesday from the Wagga Wagga Nissan Dealer.

I found it hard to find any information in the A.C.T. It sometimes seems as though, in Canberra, we live in the extreme outback with none of the advantages but all of the disadvantages of isolation from the real world! Anyway enough grumbling.

The 2012 GU 8 comes with a few goodies as standard, for example cruise control, dual front air bags, vehicle dynamic control, ABS, rear diff lock and active brake limited slip.

My 2001 ST GU ZD30 has an intermittent fault with the engine cutting out and sometimes difficulty in immediate re-starting. The experts are pretty sure it is caused by a injector pump fault but they cannot or will not guarantee a replacment pump will solve the problem.

This is no good to me as I am use to complete reliability and expect nothing less. This is the first time my 2001 ZD30 has let me down at 202,000 kms! I want to leave for warmer country up north Australia. I was about to leave on the 11th May but the Patrol put a stop to my plans.

If anyone is interested in buying a well used, original and carefully maintained 2001 GU ST Automatic Wagon with full service history, log book and all receipts watch for my Ebay auction notice coming up in the next few weeks.

I will report on the new GU 8 experience in a week or 2.

Cheers and regards
Phil

gowalkabout.com.au
26th May 2012, 07:48 AM
Congrats on the new rig. There are a few of us here with new GU8's at least 1 in the ACT as well. Check the members rides section. I got the last of my gear fitted this week ( side rails and steps )so now just looking at what tyres to fit. If you want any specific info on the GU8 just ask.

Maxhead
26th May 2012, 10:14 AM
Hi There

Does anyone own the latest GU 8 2012 Patrol?

I have done my best to search for owner information and experiences of the 2012 GU8 range without success.

I take delivery of a new 2012 built DX GU 8 Automatic Wagon in the A.C.T. next Wednesday from the Wagga Wagga Nissan Dealer.

I found it hard to find any information in the A.C.T. It sometimes seems as though, in Canberra, we live in the extreme outback with none of the advantages but all of the disadvantages of isolation from the real world! Anyway enough grumbling.

The 2012 GU 8 comes with a few goodies as standard, for example cruise control, dual front air bags, vehicle dynamic control, ABS, rear diff lock and active brake limited slip.

My 2001 ST GU ZD30 has an intermittent fault with the engine cutting out and sometimes difficulty in immediate re-starting. The experts are pretty sure it is caused by a injector pump fault but they cannot or will not guarantee a replacment pump will solve the problem.

This is no good to me as I am use to complete reliability and expect nothing less. This is the first time my 2001 ZD30 has let me down at 202,000 kms! I want to leave for warmer country up north Australia. I was about to leave on the 11th May but the Patrol put a stop to my plans.

If anyone is interested in buying a well used, original and carefully maintained 2001 GU ST Automatic Wagon with full service history, log book and all receipts watch for my Ebay auction notice coming up in the next few weeks.

I will report on the new GU 8 experience in a week or 2.

Cheers and regards
Phil

Hey Phil, GU8 is a great vehicle mate. What do you need to know specificly?
Few of us have them now so there is a lot of info on here.
And we'll pass on the '01 model I think ..hahaha

mudski
26th May 2012, 09:30 PM
And we'll pass on the '01 model I think ..hahaha

I'd rather take the 01' out into the scrub than risk it with it's 50k+ variant. But then again, if one can afford a newie, one can afford the risks of damage. Congrats on the noo twuk too bud...

Waka
29th May 2012, 01:57 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing another GU 8 on the forum. I have already clocked 5,500 kays on mine and am loving it. you can check out my comments and pics of mine in the members rides section.

Waka

jack
29th May 2012, 05:15 PM
Mine is ready for pickup next Tuesday, can't wait.

MEGOMONSTER
29th May 2012, 06:06 PM
Just fitted DPchip and 3" Taipan exhaust on my GU8 and loving it.
Car is great

Blacklotusdog
30th May 2012, 10:12 AM
I have clocked about 3500km on mine and loving it so far, Great vehicle, took the 3rd row out on the weekend and my god the cargo area is bloody huge without them, don't realise how much bloody space the things take up.

jackwalks
30th May 2012, 04:36 PM
I am only about $60k away from getting my new GU8 Patrol. Trying to auction off the wife and kids on fleabay, but no takers so far.

Hopefully not too long

Telby
13th June 2012, 07:45 PM
. Trying to auction off the wife and kids on fleabay, but no takers so far.

Hopefully not too long
Got any photos lol

Fred Schenck
16th June 2012, 06:34 PM
Hi Phil

Will be interested to see how you go witht 2012 model

Fred

Col.T
21st June 2012, 07:55 PM
Jackwalks,
gotta ask mate, is the wife really, really ugly or should I make an offer?
Col

Brisvegas
22nd June 2012, 08:55 PM
Do these new patrols have a fairly dowey and laggy cause my 08 crd does
but the zd30 previous to crd doesnt seem to be as dowey

macka82
27th June 2012, 12:02 AM
Love my gu8, got 4k on the clock, no problems. You won't regret buying a new one.

Fred Schenck
27th June 2012, 10:00 PM
Nothin a Chip and 3" exhaust won't fix, fitted thes and track goes lik a rocket.

Do these new patrols have a fairly dowey and laggy cause my 08 crd does
but the zd30 previous to crd doesnt seem to be as dowey

Bullmeister
29th June 2012, 07:18 PM
Hi all. Just clocked up 1000 on my new GU8. Love the thing. Can any shed light on rumours/facts that a suspension lift (2 inch) is a problem with VDC

gowalkabout.com.au
29th June 2012, 07:26 PM
I haven't had any dramas. I'm running a 2" OME and just put on 33's have done about 5000km so far and love it

Maxhead
29th June 2012, 07:27 PM
Hi all. Just clocked up 1000 on my new GU8. Love the thing. Can any shed light on rumours/facts that a suspension lift (2 inch) is a problem with VDC

Yeah mate, just rumours. Had mine on for a few months and have not noticed any problems, if anything its great. you can fang around on dirt roads and she'll never let loose on ya but it feels a bit funny when the VDC takes control....ALL good mate go for it.

jm2004
2nd July 2012, 01:12 PM
I haven't had any dramas. I'm running a 2" OME and just put on 33's have done about 5000km so far and love it
Hi offroadmafia, would you be able to comment on the fuel consumption with the 2" lift and 33's tyres please?
And how it was stock standard before?
I've searched and checked numerous links and was not really able to establish that info before (seems generally my thought is on the 13-14l/100km?)
Sorry for hijacking the thread, I'm really keen on GU8 as our next 4WD but I have to prepare a business case study / report to the Finance Director at home ;-)
Thanks in advance,
Jon

gowalkabout.com.au
2nd July 2012, 05:04 PM
13-14L / 100km's would be about right

MEGOMONSTER
2nd July 2012, 05:46 PM
I get between 14/15L/100km driving it like a go kart.