PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Patrol Wagon, Cracked Rear Door

birdy
24th May 2012, 02:17 PM
Hi all
I recently purchased a 2007 Patrol wagon from a car yard and after a week of owning i opened the back door and i have noticed a crack in the larger back door just above where the lock(latch)is is this a comon problem or have i just been unlucky.I have not have had a chance to return it to the car yard as i found the problem when i was getting my luggage out to fly back to work.Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.
Thanks

the ferret
24th May 2012, 03:31 PM
Hi Birdy, this is a problem on some GUs, if the previous owner had 33s and a hi-lift jack hanging on the back and did a fair bit of rough road driving, this is what has caused the crack.
If you slam the door often it can crack.
Take it back to the dealer because it is expensive to repair, you may need to jump up and down and make a fair bit of noise tho.
Cheers, the ferret.

BearGUST
24th May 2012, 03:32 PM
Hi Birdy,
Yep, its common. Mine is cracked but it doesn't seem to be getting any worse, it does have a bigger than standard tyre mounted to it which certainly wouldn't help.
Does your have standard size tyres? I will get around to fixing mine but I'm not in any great rush yet.
PS. You've posted in the GQ/Y60 section, yours is a GU/Y61.

birdy
24th May 2012, 03:54 PM
Sorry guys/girls i realised once i had posted it that it was in the wrong section,the patrol has standard tyre and was a one owner by a old chap he brought a new vehicle so i got his old one,it still has factory waranty on it as it has the extended warranty till august next year or another 45000 kilometers so i guess i can do a fair bit of jumping up and down,also i am looking at putting a snorkel and auxilary battery on the vehicle(for starters anyway)is the safari/ARB gear products good value.
Thanks heaps guys love this forum already

MudRunnerTD
24th May 2012, 04:24 PM
Hey Birdy,

I moved your thread and re-titled it for you mate.

Take it back for warranty claim.

NissanGQ4.2
24th May 2012, 05:03 PM
Hey Birdy,

I moved your thread and re-titled it for you mate.

Take it back for warranty claim.

Should that be Cracked or Racked rear door *LMAO*

I'll change it mate *L*

MudRunnerTD
24th May 2012, 05:07 PM
Should that be Cracked or Racked rear door *LMAO*

I'll change it mate *L*

:trink13::trink13::bananarock::clapping::clapping:

oncedisturbed
24th May 2012, 06:21 PM
I have the same problem on mine, previous owner was a Govt department. Didn't matter how hard I jumped up and down they refused point blank to cover it under warranty, the local dealer was happy but Nissan Australia refused to come to the party as they stated it has been used greater than it's intended purpose