PDA

View Full Version : Newbie in Perth - 05 Patrol GU Series 4 Auto

Ledge
24th May 2012, 12:19 PM
Hi All,

Ive recently bought a 05 Patrol 3.0l TD, I love it! its my 1st 4wd and ive been going out every weekend on short trips ( Mundaring Powerline Track, Julimar State Forest etc etc ) Been awesome fun, ( im new to Australia since coming from CHCH, NZ as the earthquakes were taking there toll on ones mental health ) 4wding seems to be an awesome way to see the country side, all up close and personal.

Ive been following this forum with much interest and have been looking into all the Mods and i was about to start by blocking the EGR and putting in a Turbo controller and boost gauge to monitor it and then getting the Throttle body and manifold cleaned.

In fact before i joioned this forum i new nothing about cars and now im sure i know more about fixing patrols then some mechanics...

After a month of fun, i finally went into limp mode and now the auto is changing late, OverDrive is being very picky of when it will turn on and gears are a little rough but i will post a new thread as i do some specific questions :)

Glad to part of the forum and look forward to chatting with you, Also very keen once i get my auto trans issue sorted to go out 4wding with some experienced Perth members.

Ps. ill put a photo up once i get around to bolting my rocksliders on :) so its not 100% stock :P

Aquaman
24th May 2012, 06:10 PM
Welcome aboard.

I went to Christchurch a few years ago and thought it was a beautiful spot. I was out on the pier thingy at the beach watching a guy draw huge shapes in the sand. Loved it. A real bummer to hear about all the drama that happened over there.

It must be good to have some solid non shaking ground underneath you for a change. We had a quake here in Newcastle many years ago and they are not nice things to go through.

As you will already know there is heaps of great info here. If you can't find what you are looking for put up a post and someone should be able to help you.

wildgu6
24th May 2012, 06:55 PM
G'day & welcome aboard mate
Great lot here with tons of advice and adventures and experiences,
Hang around, ask away and Join in where ever you feel comfortable.

Enjoy, Cheers Pete

DX grunt
24th May 2012, 07:20 PM
G'day Ledge

Welcome to the forum and welcome to WA. Glad you could join us.

If you're interested in joining a local Patrol Club, try www.westernpatrolclub.com

Take care out there.

Rossco

growler2058
24th May 2012, 07:26 PM
Gday mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

AB
24th May 2012, 07:30 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, good intro!

Feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

White Elephant
24th May 2012, 07:31 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, good to see another forum member in Perth. Good intro! Enjoy your stay!

Dhuck
24th May 2012, 08:56 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Bigrig
24th May 2012, 08:59 PM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

Enjoy!!

Tweakedoffroad
25th May 2012, 01:33 AM
G'day mate welcome aboard great bunch with some good info and advice here so feel free to jump in and contribute were you can

Maxhead
25th May 2012, 06:12 AM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

Bad-Trol
25th May 2012, 10:27 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, I live way up North but will be in Perth in November with my GU3 3l which is the same engine as yours, but older body. Maybe u can show me the local spots.

Enjoy all the wonderful info and friendly people here mate...

See ya on the trails

adventurepaul
25th May 2012, 02:37 PM
Welcome Legde, fellow Perthie.. Me too recent GU purchase and member.

MEGOMONSTER
25th May 2012, 04:12 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.