PDA

View Full Version : VK2Patrol Introduction.

VK2PATROL
23rd May 2012, 07:58 PM
HI Guys.
A quick introduction here. Just bought a 1998 Patrol GU ST diesel yesterday. 1st 4x4 for a number of years. About twenty years to be exact, back then had a SWB petrol MQ patrol, it was a great vehicle that took me everywhere and never let me down.
Boy have the vehicles got a lot more complicated than they were then. LOL.
I expect I will be back here as a reference point quite regularly. I have already notice that the forum is very well set up, with an excellent database of information.
Cheers
Ross

DX grunt
23rd May 2012, 09:43 PM
G'day Ross and welcome to the forum. Glad you could join us. Where you from?

Take care out there.

Rossco

2TROLLFAM
23rd May 2012, 09:46 PM
Evening Ross - Welcome Aboard !! I've got a D40 Navara but my other (better?) half has a Patrol (pictured in my avartar) ... I joined some time back cuz I was looking for a Workshop Manual and came across these guys. AWESOME bunch of guys & gals when it comes to information & experience. Loads of Laughs too - hope you enjoy your stay & your 4x4 :)

Aquaman
23rd May 2012, 09:47 PM
........Boy have the vehicle got a lot more complicated than they were.......

They are a lot more comfortable though.

Welcome aboard.

growler2058
23rd May 2012, 10:07 PM
Gday Ross welcome aboard mate gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Dhuck
23rd May 2012, 10:42 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

White Elephant
24th May 2012, 03:52 PM
Welcome to the forum Ross. Enjoy your stay mate.

AB
24th May 2012, 04:44 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

NissanGQ4.2
24th May 2012, 04:47 PM
Welcome 2 the forum Ross

Great bunch of members on here always willing to help out where they can

Enjoy the forum and what it has 2 offer.

Cheers

Todd

Tweakedoffroad
25th May 2012, 01:41 AM
G'day mate welcome aboard great bunch with some good info and advice here so feel free to jump in and contribute were you can

Maxhead
25th May 2012, 06:10 AM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

VK2PATROL
2nd June 2012, 09:36 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys. Took it for a drive down to Mildura last week end to see how it went (2200KM round trip).
Is certainly is much more comfortable than the old MQ.
But...
800KM into the trip, disaster...
After buying the vehicle I had a full service carried out which included replacing all the hoses. The bottom radiator hose was not genuine and apparently is a bit longer, when I turned the Air Con on the A/C clutch pushed the pulley forward a little bit and rubbed a pin hole in the hose. Luckily I noticed the rise in temp as soon as it occurred and was able to prevent any damage occurring to the engine, but what a start to the inaugural trip. Anyway, will start this issue up in a separate thread for comment. Just wanted to say thanks for the welcome.
Ross

wildgu6
2nd June 2012, 09:42 AM
G'day & welcome aboard Ross
Great lot here with tons of advice and adventures and experiences,
Hang around, ask away and Join in where ever you feel comfortable.
Congrats on the purchase buddy,

Enjoy, Cheers Pete

Yappa Tappa Doo

VK2PATROL
2nd June 2012, 10:06 AM
G'day Ross and welcome to the forum. Glad you could join us. Where you from?

Take care out there.

Rossco
Thanks DX Grunt,
Live in Ingleburn (Southern Sydney Suburb) work at Jervis Bay 200KM south, so do a bit of commuting in between.
Ross

taslucas
2nd June 2012, 12:09 PM
Gday Ross, welcome aboard mate. Yep, plenty of good info here to sort through. Enjoy your visits

big_fletch
2nd June 2012, 03:22 PM
G'day and welcome to the forum mate, glad to have another member aboard

Fletcha