PDA

View Full Version : New here - gu4500 - Ian

gu4500
22nd May 2012, 11:26 PM
Hi All

Just researching as I'm having to "renovate" my 12/1998 GU Patrol. I use this name on a couple of other forums so some may know me already.

Basically I've had it since April 2001, its a 4.5 Petrol, and driven/offroaded in every state but WA and territory except ACT.

Fairly well modified - running extractors & 2.5" exhaust, ARB Front Air locker, Marks 3.7 transfer case gears, Wizard suspension components incl. 3" coils, Koni shocks, Cromoly lower rear trailing arms, adjustable upper rear arms and panhards, adj steering arm, castor plates to suit lift, various rims/tyres including white sunraysias with 285/85/16 Simex Centipedes (35") and now a set of Genuine Accessory Nissan Alloys from the early series GU's.... need some new tyres on them.

Now living in Tasmania, but don't get that much time to get out due to young family, work and renovating. Mind you, when you need Simex's, locker and low range to get out of the backyard, you don't need to travel far.

2TROLLFAM
22nd May 2012, 11:44 PM
Sorry I’m abit slow – have been away from the forum for abit… WELCOME !! These guys here are just fantastic, lots to be learnt if you’re prepared to read & get involved.

growler2058
22nd May 2012, 11:47 PM
Gday mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

wildgu6
22nd May 2012, 11:53 PM
Welcome aboard Ian,
Great lot here with plenty of advice and adventures to share.
Hang around and jump in where ever you feel the need.
and yes you have been away for a while Shaz, welcome back

Enjoy, Cheers Pete

gu4500
23rd May 2012, 01:13 AM
Thanks to all to date!

Was right up with everything a few years ago, used to be on the Topica, then Yahoo patrol email lists back through the end of the 90's etc..... then onto yahoo as a forum, then across to Overlander, but other things took over.... the Patrol got parked in the garage and I got first a Mazda 3 MPS for work travel, and then a Xtrail, and thats possibly about due to go for maybe a Liberty or Outback wagon now.....

DX grunt
23rd May 2012, 01:20 AM
G'day Ian

Welcome to the forum and glad to have you onboard.

Glad to see you're leaving the best till last. lol. Western Australia is the state of excitement.

Looking forward to your visit.

Take care out there.

Rossco

Maxhead
23rd May 2012, 06:17 AM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

Tweakedoffroad
25th May 2012, 01:56 AM
G'day mate welcome aboard great bunch with some good info and advice here so feel free to jump in and contribute were you can

Dhuck
25th May 2012, 06:57 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

MEGOMONSTER
25th May 2012, 04:13 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.

gu4500
1st August 2012, 12:34 AM
Thanks all.... back again for a read now the crazytime (for work) has passed......

Marcell van Aswegen
1st August 2012, 07:39 AM
Welcome to the forum. M

Ddan
1st August 2012, 04:47 PM
Hi. Seems to be a great bunch of people here with plenty of info. Enjoy your stay.

Ddan