PDA

View Full Version : Dion's Mav.

dion_83
22nd May 2012, 11:21 PM
Thought I'd throw up a pic of the Mav. Not a lot special, 2" Dobinson suspension. Ironman snorkel and homemade bar. It's a TB42 auto. Heaps of fun and naturaly I have a long list of todo's. I'm sure it'll get there eventually.

AB
23rd May 2012, 08:56 AM
Very nice mate, looks in good nick when It's clean...lol

Bigrig
23rd May 2012, 09:39 AM
Nope - looks 'just right' covered in mud!! lmao

Look forward to hearing of your progress with it mate!!

Richo460
23rd May 2012, 10:10 AM
nice one, looks like the cousin of my whitey!

dion_83
9th July 2012, 08:10 PM
Finally the Patrol lives again after a week and a half off the road after "Incident X". Crow high torque Cam, lifters, timing kit, valves, valve springs, surface ground and seats cut, all new radiator, heater hoses and vac lines, thermostat and housing, plugs and leads, and rocker assembly, sucks because it's way more than I wanted to spend on it right now but a big WIN because now it's done.

growler2058
9th July 2012, 08:56 PM
Good job is there a noticeable difference/improvement driving now?

Tap, Tap.......Who's there?

dion_83
9th July 2012, 10:00 PM
Yeah definitely a noticeable improvement. Wifey loves it, she reckons it's easier to drive, Lot of valve noise through the headers now, I think I'll wrap the headers and just deal with whats still audible. either way it's better than the rattly lifters that came out of it. If I still have the pics of the cam and lifters I took the other night I'll put them up, Good example of why you should do regular oil changes, which I might ad was the fault of the previous owner.

threedogs
9th July 2012, 10:59 PM
Nice job looks very capable