PDA

View Full Version : GQ cornering lights ?

cookpa
22nd May 2012, 10:16 PM
any one know what makes these cornering lights work on these GQ,s , i have tried everything i can think of , is there a trigger somewhere on the steering, i have done all testing at night with engine running hi and or low beam on, tested with turn signals on and low or high beam headlights too , i have fitted new globes and checked the wiring and sockets are good ??

Clunk
22nd May 2012, 10:25 PM
the cornering lights come on when indicating and I believe they also only come one when the main lights are on,sorry I'm not an electrickery guru .................. hopefully someone else with a better understanding will be able to chip in

zmaster
22nd May 2012, 10:38 PM
You need to check the indicator stalk has not been changed in the past, there are two models, often sparkies replace them with the standard model, which means no cornering light function. They should come on when you indicate, with lights on.

Clunk
22nd May 2012, 10:50 PM
You need to check the indicator stalk has not been changed in the past, there are two models, often sparkies replace them with the standard model, which means no cornering light function. They should come on when you indicate, with lights on.

Yep, thats what I meant lol.......... cheers for making my garble clearer

cookpa
22nd May 2012, 11:00 PM
cool thats the last thing on my list was to change my indicator stalk as it sticks on hi beam sometimes thanks guys

Silver
22nd May 2012, 11:56 PM
what are these cornering lights of which you speak?? Not on my mighty Mav :-(

Clunk
23rd May 2012, 02:11 AM
what are these cornering lights of which you speak?? Not on my mighty Mav :-(

its only a few of us lucky nissan owners that have them Silver...... sorry mate lol

bordertech
24th May 2012, 11:55 PM
Mostly RX and TI model GQ's have them. A small light on each fender near the front corner that illuminates when you indicate but only if the headlights are on. About a 10W or 21W globe from memory.
If it's not working you have to check the circuits. It will only pass power to the corner lamps if the headlights are on so you have to check it's getting power to the indicator switch from the headlight circuit (when turned on) as well. There are two positive wires going to the corner lamps from the switch, one for each side that powers the lamp on the side you are indicating.
It could well be that the switch contacts are buggered.
Cheers