PDA

View Full Version : What a BuMMA

growler2058
22nd May 2012, 02:16 PM
Just car insurance don't do a free windscreen per year!! So the excess was gunna be $400!!!!

Tapp tillya Crap

Maxhead
22nd May 2012, 02:18 PM
Get a new one cheaper wouldn't ya.....I made sure my cover had a windscreen replacement policy and I use it every year :)

Silver
22nd May 2012, 03:00 PM
I have always thought that insurance coys give nothing away for free, including windscreen claims. Of course I could be wrong, but I reckon they find a way to get even somehow, somewhen :-)

Growlers, Silver's windscreen and new rubber was $300 fitted, I think. Took it to the windscreen place which might have made it cheaper

growler2058
22nd May 2012, 03:08 PM
I thought I had windscreen however some models aren't covered GQ being one of the £

Winnie
22nd May 2012, 03:40 PM
Mine was covered with no excess including rubber with RACV.

White Elephant
22nd May 2012, 03:52 PM
Doh! you just reminded me that I need to check my policy!

megatexture
22nd May 2012, 07:34 PM
we got two windscreens fixed at once and got quote from obrien and it was $1100 for both windows (patrol and a hilux) racq glass did it for $450 for both . insurance do charge you for windscreen cover and with how often i personaly need to replace mine its cheeper to just pay it myself.

scotty83
22nd May 2012, 08:14 PM
we got two windscreens fixed at once and got quote from obrien and it was $1100 for both windows (patrol and a hilux) racq glass did it for $450 for both . insurance do charge you for windscreen cover and with how often i personaly need to replace mine its cheeper to just pay it myself.

Had the same experience with RACQ. Note OBriens were the dearest I got a quote from.

growler2058
22nd May 2012, 08:46 PM

Had the same experience with RACQ. Note OBriens were the dearest I got a quote from.

Looks like i better shop around, cheers fellas