PDA

View Full Version : TD42 conversion to TB42 plz need help

Toha
22nd May 2012, 04:12 AM
I have got nissan patrol Y60 engine is TD42. i wana put patrol engine in my nissan. i have found a patrol engine which is TB42 carburetor without Gearbox. So can i put that in my nissan patrol with my old td42 gearbox.. also what else i have to change for this conversion from diesel to petrol.. i just recently bought nissan patrol therefor may be i am asking lots of question... plz help me guys.. plz just tell me whatever you guys think worthy for me ,,i will highly appreciate ...

AB
22nd May 2012, 07:17 AM
Hi Toha, yes you can do that and I see you found the other post about the conversion and things needed, etc.

I have to ask though why are you swapping to to TB42....Normally people are after the TD42 not the other way around?

Richo460
22nd May 2012, 08:35 AM
It would be easier and you may even make some money out of selling the diesel and buying a petrol. There are lots of petrol/gas patrols for sale but not many diesels.

Toha
23rd May 2012, 03:08 AM
Hi Toha, yes you can do that and I see you found the other post about the conversion and things needed, etc.

I have to ask though why are you swapping to to TB42....Normally people are after the TD42 not the other way around?
Hello AB, thanks for your reply 1 of the big reason is diesel engine makes too much noise,,, i have no idea all the diesel engine makes noise or just mine makes noise. well i i havnt decide yet, i will make my decision based on you guys valuable advice. as because i dont know much about this 2 engine. below i am going to put some condition of my present engine
1. making lots of smoke.
2.when i turn off the engine..still on unless i pull the choak.
3.steering wooble.
4.its a power steering but steering too jam.
5,Ac compresser makes noise.
6. vehicle is not fast as it supposed to be.
after read above condition plz give me advice what should i do.. is there any way to reduce the diesel engine noise. thanks AB

Toha
23rd May 2012, 03:11 AM
It would be easier and you may even make some money out of selling the diesel and buying a petrol. There are lots of petrol/gas patrols for sale but not many diesels.

Hi recho... thanks can u plz tell more details about this plz... if i would change it you mean to say it wont be good idea right.. plz tell me more

macca86
23rd May 2012, 03:43 AM
Probably easier to sell your entire car and with the cash you get buy a petrol version as the diesel sells for alot more than a petrol and as some of your problems seem to not be related to the engine then it'll be the cheaper option just my 2cents