PDA

View Full Version : noise coming from left hand side of engine under cold acceleration

guskelpie
19th May 2012, 10:24 PM
Gday every one i am a newby to this site. When i accelerate when cold or engine has been of for some minutes a loud tinny sound comes from left side of engine as looking from inside vehicle. then it goes away after short time. i am thinking maybe turbo? any ideas out there cheers. it is a gu 3lt

Bigrig
19th May 2012, 11:09 PM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

Might want to post the question up in the engine section mate - not everyone reads the intros ...

Enjoy!!

Dhuck
20th May 2012, 08:51 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

growler2058
20th May 2012, 10:33 AM
G'day mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Tapp tillya Crap

wildgu6
20th May 2012, 10:55 AM
G'day & welcome aboard mate
Great lot here with tons of advice and adventures and experiences,
Hang around, ask away and Join in where ever you feel comfortable.

Enjoy, Cheers Pete

Yappa Tappa Doo

Rusty86
20th May 2012, 01:22 PM
Welcome mate!

It's normal to have some sound coming from that side from the turbo, especially with a snorkel and even more noticeable with the window down, but I'm not sure if you'd call this a 'tinny' sound, more of a hiss, and this should be present under acceleration even when the engine is warm (or this is the case with my 3.0L).

Others may have more ideas as to what it could be but may be worth getting a mechanic's opinion.

Cheers,

Rusty :)

Gas_Guzzler4800
20th May 2012, 01:47 PM
heat shield?

Grahame
4th July 2012, 12:46 AM
hmmmm did you get it sorted???

threedogs
4th July 2012, 12:03 PM
Hi mate and welcome, that rattle, try the bolt that holds the cat on, if not maybe inside of cat is loose , but I'd say the exhaust bolt. happened to me after fitting sports cat, they forgot that bolt. easy to see and tighten or replace,.

Simmoevo
6th July 2012, 08:37 AM
Heat shield maybe

deekay
6th July 2012, 09:49 AM
Welcome aboard mate.