PDA

View Full Version : Model question

Brendan56
19th May 2012, 02:07 PM
Hey all,
I've been looking around at the different model types, and i'm just wondering whats so good about the Ti? Is it just more electrics?
I really like the look of the lights next to the indicators, though i don't know what the hell they're doing :p

Aquaman
19th May 2012, 02:40 PM
The Ti have a rear diff lock but not sure how far back it goes in year models. Leather seats. Bigger wheels. Alloy Wheels. Maybe some woodgrain.

The Ti are the top of the range.

Aquaman
19th May 2012, 02:43 PM
Those wheels that were on the one that you were looking at the car yard on trading post the white one, i am pretty sure that they are the Ti alloy wheels.

On the outside the Ti have a plastic trim bit that runs along the bottom bit of the doors

Brendan56
19th May 2012, 02:47 PM
what do you think my chances are of finding a nice one for 11k :p

Aquaman
19th May 2012, 02:50 PM
Not real sure. The market price changes in different areas.

I got my GU for less than that though.

i jut had a quick look at some listings and holy %$#@ there are some big prices on GQs in Queensland.

Bigrig
19th May 2012, 03:01 PM
what do you think my chances are of finding a nice one for 11k :p

Every chance depending on how old - I bought mine in good nick, stock as a rock, with 252000 on the clock for $7500 with a crappy old trade in (they gave me $1500 for), so $9000 on the yard ... 1992 GQ Ti.

Not long after that I got my brother o e on a private but for $7000 cash - bit of rust in some panels (not much and easily fixed) and it was a 93 so came with the rear factory locker, rear roof rail air conditioning and chiller box in the back ...

Both were dual fuel already, so if you've got $11K and aren't too fussed on how old, you can pick up a decent condition one for less and leave a little for mods ...

Winnie
19th May 2012, 03:11 PM
The lights you are talking about behind the indicators light up when you are indicating, great idea for when driving in the dark and it's hard to tell exactly where the corner is.

Aquaman, that trim is not only TI, my ST has it.

I think you'll do fine finding one for 11k though mate, good luck with it.

Aquaman
19th May 2012, 03:40 PM
......Aquaman, that trim is not only TI, my ST has it.........

Good to know, cheers.

Bigrig
19th May 2012, 03:48 PM
Good to know, cheers.

Same with things like coloured coded mirrors etc ... some had them, some didn't ... mine are black, but my brothers are chrome ... go figure!!! lol