PDA

View Full Version : Dual fuel switch not working

Mattonpatrol
15th May 2012, 05:20 PM
Hey guys
I drive a GU 4.5L Dual fuel Unleded, From when i bought this 4WD the switch to turn on my sub tank does not work at all, i have only seen it work once when a little orange light on the actual switch turned on, but only did so for 10 seconds... so which means i can not use my sub tank which is a pain in the butt... My first thort was to buy a new switch from Nissan which will cost me a wooping $120.... to me i dont think it is the float in the tank, BUT i could be wrong... Does anyone have a suggestion on fault finding, or has had a similar situation...

Thanks so much

Bob
15th May 2012, 05:50 PM
Hey guys
I drive a GU 4.5L Dual fuel Unleded, From when i bought this 4WD the switch to turn on my sub tank does not work at all, i have only seen it work once when a little orange light on the actual switch turned on, but only did so for 10 seconds... so which means i can not use my sub tank which is a pain in the butt... My first thort was to buy a new switch from Nissan which will cost me a wooping $120.... to me i dont think it is the float in the tank, BUT i could be wrong... Does anyone have a suggestion on fault finding, or has had a similar situation...

Thanks so much

I think that you will find that the main Tank has been taken out to instal the Gas Tank. Petrol is in the old Sub Tank . That is how my 4.5 Dual Fuel is set up. How many Petrol fillers do you have ??

Mattonpatrol
16th May 2012, 02:44 PM
Well that's the thing, myne does not have gass, both tanks are petrol, I've even tryed filling up the second tank which is the one I can not use, And that made no difference.....

ZD30 victim
20th May 2012, 09:23 PM
Hey guys

Thanks so much

Grab a decent piece of wire 4-5mm, crimp an earth ring on either end and secure one end to the pump housing and other to support frame or chassis bolt & try again. My GU's pump was stuffed apparently until I decided to test it myself, and guess what? Secondly, using a test light check for power down thru the two pin plug (with ign on and pump sw on) and if present direct the other wire to earth (via a piggyback when plugged in). Also a fine tipped test light probe into the pump side of the harness is best diagnostic method to check plug condition.
If these come up no go it's probably a replacement.

Cheers

macca86
20th May 2012, 11:00 PM
hey mate duel fuel means you run gas and petrol. All gu's have 2 tanks you only use fuel from the main tank. The sub tank transfers fuel from the sub to the main for 10 seconds at start up and when you push the sub tank button when the tank is less than 3/4 full. So don't worry it's not like say a landcruiser where you use each tank