PDA

View Full Version : Cargo barriers, child restraint compatible

Blacklotusdog
14th May 2012, 11:37 PM
Hi All,

Had a quick search and couldn't find much specifically on this, apologies if i am covering old ground here.

For those of you with little ones, what's the go with fitting baby seats with a cargo barrier, is there a type that specifically caters for this. Also down the track i plan on putting drawers in the back but obviously the current restraint anchor location would cause problems with this. For those with a barrier and draws is there some sort of special place the anchor point can be relocated to?

Thanks for any light anyone can shed on this.

Tim

megatexture
14th May 2012, 11:57 PM
i made my own cargo barrier and did it in a way that the belt runs through the barrier with plenty of clearance from the barrier and the surrounds are wrapped in a plastic hose zip tied to the barrier so there cant be contact to metal in an accident, cant help regarding the draw system but i dont think they can be relocated but i have heard of a tube bar that can be added to a car that seats can be anchored to that would sit higher than the draws not sure what its called or where you would get it fitted

ozzyboy
15th May 2012, 12:56 AM
http://www.babybarndiscounts.com.au/products/Child-Restraints-Anchorage-Bar%7B47%7DCRAB.html

ozz

Clunk
15th May 2012, 01:28 AM
As ozzyboy's post the second photo is the bar...... I like the idea od the restraint in the forth photo, if it can possibly be fitted to the back of the seats

http://home.exetel.com.au/belmoreauto/restraints.php

Rip'n'Shred
15th May 2012, 09:06 AM
Outback and black widow draws and barriers state the are compatible with child restraints. I got told yesterday you order the drawers with anchorage points in the front if them, not standard.

Ian2011
15th May 2012, 06:23 PM
I just installed a milford barrier and it allows the child seatbelt through a cutout in the barrier through to the existing child restraint mount.

jet
17th May 2012, 10:59 AM
Not much choice for center seat than CRA bar, anchor point must be above top of seat due to 50/50 split.

Dragonwall2000
23rd November 2012, 12:36 PM
I have a 89 patrol and the child restrain mounting points are:

Behind middle seat, infront of of Dickie seat mounting points, on the floor under the carpet on both sides.
Behind Dickie seat under flap of carpeting rear corners on each side. May need to lift flap of carpet at rearbit further when lifting from rear open doors

All have rubber bungs in them.

scotty83
23rd November 2012, 02:21 PM
This was a good question. Not something i had thought about before. Has me paying attention now for the grand kids

Morton
16th December 2012, 01:12 AM
you can also mount a restraint anchor above the rear doors, I have done this, you have to be appx 20mm off dead centre, this is where the metal is double thick & obviously its strongest area, Engineers will accept this point, it is for the middle seated child, I ran an extension & then a harness system as I believe all children should be shoulder strapped, not just waste strapped