PDA

View Full Version : New ChainSaw for the back of the 4B - CHEAP and PERFECT

MudRunnerTD
14th May 2012, 06:12 PM
G'day guys,

Check out this little rippa! If you dont have one and need something that will go in the back of the 4B or pack small for touring then this little rippa is a winner

25cc and a 10" Bar! >>>> Awesome! They are going to sell a heap of these.

25cc Chainsaw with a 10" Bar (http://www.princess-trade.com.au/cart/dynamic-power-25cc-10-guide-bar-petrol-chainsaw-pruner.html#)

Cool little unit.

Winnie
14th May 2012, 06:23 PM
Tempting...

Tappa tappa

Maxhead
14th May 2012, 06:38 PM
I don't have one of these but I reckon the cheap Chinese chainies are the go. With a bit of a tune up they go hard.

I bought a 72cc 24"bar one and it screams after a tune. The bar is a bit long but does the job.

I reckon these should be a must in the back of the 4wd. Fallen trees across tracks, firewood, etc

Keep the chain sharp and they'll rip through anything

AB
14th May 2012, 07:08 PM
I have an old Baumr-AG I bought 5 years ago. It's honestly done thousands of cuts for firewood each season and going strong. It lacks in power of course compared to brand names but for $100 I have made my money back ten fold. But...Apparently I am one of the luckiest cheap chinese chain saw owners in the world though...lol

Does it leak bar oil though MR?....From Stihl to cheap chinese brands, there's not a lot out there that don't leak bar oil everywhere!

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/05/174.jpg

Maxhead
14th May 2012, 07:24 PM
I have an old Baumr-AG I bought 5 years ago. It's honestly done thousands of cuts for firewood each season and going strong. It lacks in power of course compared to brand names but for $100 I have made my money back ten fold. But...Apparently I am one of the luckiest cheap chinese chain saw owners in the world though...lol

Does it leak bar oil though MR?....From Stihl to cheap chinese brands, there's not a lot out there that don't leak bar oil everywhere!

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/05/174.jpg

Yeah that is the one I got in 72cc for $140

AB
14th May 2012, 07:37 PM
Yeah that is the one I got in 72cc for $140

Go the Baumr...LMAO...I can't believe mine is still going. It has been punished like you wouldn't believe. Only problem though, cutting through 300mm dia logs can take about 2 minutes...lol.

But like you said when the chain is sharp they go good!

taslucas
14th May 2012, 07:40 PM
A mate got a little saw pretty much the same as that MR. Its purple and fluro green like a 90's kawasaki lol it has a sticker calling it "the wild thing". Great little thing and like nisshead says, it screams!

Shop around and you can get a full plastic case for it. Stops leaking oil and fumes getting in your bus.

gbab01
14th May 2012, 11:10 PM
I've got a cheapie. Can't think of the brand but it looks just like the Baumr. Possibly Raiden or something like that. Reckon its just re branded. Again it was an internet purchase. It goes well. Not comparing it to a big name brand by any means but for the cost I can't fault it. Hadn't used it for at least 12 months and found it in the shed the other day. Thought I would give it a yank and half expected it to not work but second pull and it fired up no worries. If you don't want to spend big I would recommend considering these chinese cheapies. Cheers.