PDA

View Full Version : ZD30CRD hard to start

krogh
14th May 2012, 08:47 AM
Hi everyone, maybe some one may be able to help or had this problem. I have a ZD30 CRD engine in a Patrol, that is running sick. Low power sometimes. You will drive and it will slow down like a blocked fuel line or filter and then it will run good. I changed the filter and the problem stayed. I cleaned all the fuel lines, no blockages. After a couple of weeks it became hard to start. If you try to start with the starter motor it will not fire. The engine turns over fast enough with the starter. I flattened the battery when it first happend so I tow started it and it fired straight away. If I park on a hill it will start. I have put another startermotor on it from another Patrol but it will not fire. I can still drive it but it sometimes slows down with low power. Thank you in advance.

Morton
20th May 2012, 04:42 AM
possible air flow meter, they nearly always let go outright but a mate of mine had a similiar issue, not the same though, his was faulty but worked mostly, then it would die, sometimes not start, also had an issue with the glow plugs, never replaced from new & he done 100,000k, replaced both at the same time & fixed the issue, still never found out if it was one or the other but problem solved, who cares, he was happy