PDA

View Full Version : Door wont fully shut!

Neesmo31
14th May 2012, 07:30 AM
Hey all, before I tear door off this afternoon, wanted to see if anyone has had the same problem.

Yesterday i locked the door by pushing down on the button and closed the door. it popped up and didnt fully shut. so i opened it and pushed the button down again, shut it with the handle up.

Now when i go to close the door when im getting in/out of the car it wont latch closed! only way that it will latch closed is if i get into the car, then lock it with the button, then close the door.

Gunna play this afternoon and see whats going on. Any tips or tricks that might be going on?

Richo460
14th May 2012, 09:33 AM
Is your door hinge worn? I know its not uncommon for the hinge to wear and the door hangs down a bit. that will make it not close properly. Otherwise you may need to adjust the door catch, it should have a small amount of adjustment. Is this on a GQ or GU? i am only speaking from my experience with GQ's.

04OFF
14th May 2012, 09:51 AM
From memory there is a circular spring that can break on the lock mech itself causing such issues, if this is the case i may have been able to offer a solution or point you in the right direction, but alas, you have NO location in your profile, so i don't even know if you are in australia ? :frown:

Neesmo31
14th May 2012, 10:16 AM
lol yeah - its been perfectly fine until i tryed to close it with the lock down and the handle up! now it wont shut properly - i dont know why i even done that method as i never do that. i always lock it with the key....

might try a few things the sarvo and see how we go.

taslucas
14th May 2012, 12:59 PM
Smash a heap of crc in there first. Might just need a loosening up

Tap, crackle, pop

Neesmo31
30th May 2012, 07:24 AM
Bloody thing didnt give me a chance to fix it lol, just started working again. i usually inox everything when i do services so ill give it another hit.

Finly Owner
30th May 2012, 10:58 PM
Guarteed it is getting mix of dirt and grease in mechanism. Spray some brake cleaner onto mechanism, when it looks clean, allow to air dry, then use Lanox not Inox. As Lanox will stick to it and contiue to lube it.

Tim