PDA

View Full Version : Chops

Chops
1st October 2010, 11:55 PM
Just found the forum and signed up straight away. I like the layout of this forum over the other one. I have uploaded a few of my manuals and info in the manuals section, including the entire GQ manual.

Currently getting a 1984 MK SD33T 5 speed ready for rego. Was given to me complete with an SD33T which had a hole in the block, so I fitted an SD33 which was also given to me, and has 50,000 kms on it.

DX grunt
2nd October 2010, 06:56 AM
Welcome Chops.

Great to see another Sandgroper here. Bit warm up your way lately? lol

Looking forward to seeing pics.

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

Maxhead
2nd October 2010, 08:03 AM
G'Day Chops, welcome mate

patch697
2nd October 2010, 03:06 PM
Welcome on board chops & I hope you enjoy the forum.

AB
2nd October 2010, 05:03 PM
Welcome to the forum Chops, cheers for the feedback mate, trying to make this forum user friendly so by all means upload anything and Pm me if you have any bulky attachments.

Ask any questions mate and join in the conversations.

Woof
2nd October 2010, 05:44 PM
Welcome Chops, great to see another West Australian here mate

Chops
2nd October 2010, 06:19 PM
Welcome Chops.

Great to see another Sandgroper here. Bit warm up your way lately? lol

Looking forward to seeing pics.

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

Yeah is getting warm, its was 41 last Tuesday.

AB
2nd October 2010, 06:20 PM
Us mexicans are basking in the mid 20's today and loving it...lol

Finly Owner
5th October 2010, 07:45 PM
Hi and welcome to nissans nut house Chops. I too own an older model patrol '86 MK SD33T. From what I can assertain so far is that you could put your SD33T pistons into your SD33 and put the turbo and pump onto it and it should then be right to run. But I am still getting some confirmation on this. I have only come to this conclusion from reading workshop manual engine specifications, and deisel pump technician advice.

Tim

Chops
5th October 2010, 09:21 PM
There are a few more things than that. Oil feed lines for the Turbo need to be drilled and tapped for fittings, and although people have done it, its not recommended. I was lucky and scored an SD33 engine that had recently been fully rebuilt which I got for free, so I was lucky. It was 24volt so I had to change a few things, but that was the easy part. My plan is to rebuild the SD33T when I have the funds, and then probably sell the other engine.

I might start filling the MQ / MK section with info.