PDA

View Full Version : window washer pump replacement /why

mudmav
12th May 2012, 09:57 PM
as part of my own roadworthy list i noticed the rear window waher wasnt working and the front was leaking from the motor some where so i wAs going to buy WHOLE NEW SETUP but being a cheat skate and broke i had a closer look .

ok you can take the bottom off three screws give the impeller a turn ,no dice frozen solid the motor itself has three tangs that are bent over from the outer shell to the plastic middle section just very jently lever them up so they clear the plastic body just enough no more or it will break when you bend it back , next trick is to seperate the inner from the outer , a few light taps with a smallish screwdriver handle on the plug connection as close as you can to the body until it starts to seperate as soon as it starts to free up i used a stanley knife inbetween the inner and outer and prised the two apart millimetre at a time sounds like a long time but 5 minutes from start of screws to complete dissassembly aint bad .
now you will notice there is brushes an armature etc you need to wire wheel the armature get it shiny no more the spindle give it a bit more sorry forgot to mention you have to pull the spindle out then put spindle back in with a spray of inox or similar and keep turning till its free you may have to go back to wire wheel again and dont forget other end reassembly is reverse just take care to note where the position of everything was water inlet outlet etc , costs you nix bar a spray of inox and a bit of time mine is working again perfecto

robert

no eye deer
12th May 2012, 10:40 PM
Did that. tHEN SPEnt $38 . fixed! ) :
Mark

Clunk
12th May 2012, 10:48 PM
I still havent bothered fixing mine, i just keep a PUMP bottle of water in the car and stick my hand out the window, give the bottle a squeeze, turn on the wipers and hey presto .......hahahahahaha

mudmav
13th May 2012, 12:55 AM
dont think the roadworthy would let me get away with that ,motor will keep working as long as the armature holds up its about half gone so i guess ive got a good couple of years to worry about it not many worry about the rear anyway just the front.