PDA

View Full Version : Fuel rail pressure control valve/fuel rail pressure sensor failure

mitchelljames
12th May 2012, 05:30 PM
Hi all
This is one for the true nissan guru

I finally have my 2008 crd Gu fixed after a month of work trying to find the problem and a small fortune, it turns out my fuel rail pressure control valve/fuel rail pressure sensor was faulty this caused many other problems that needed to be fixed .

After hours of phone calls digging to find the problem my mechanic informs me that this seems to be a big problem with nissan and that model, he says nissan have since changed the valve 2 times as they are faulty .

I would just like to know if anyone else has had a similar problem or can give any truth to my mechanic information

cheers for your HELP

Drew
12th May 2012, 06:30 PM
What was it doing ?

mitchelljames
12th May 2012, 08:47 PM
I could drive it for an hour and it would run perfectly , then i would stop say at a service station and when i would go to start it it wouldnt turn over, the car would make all the right sounds just not fire, i replaced the hand prime fuel pump as it seemed as tho it was sucking air , that never worked so we pulled apart the starter motor and it was buggered. I replaced that and it still didnt work , i got the auto electrical guy to look at it seems it was loosing voltage between the alternator and battery , they thought some wires were stuffed so we replaced them and it still didnt work , turns out the alternator was buggered , the previous owner new about the cars problems but i dont think they could fix it so they sold it to me , the alternator had new bushes in it and they had also soldered all the wires up to try and fix the voltage drop, end result i had to buy a new alternator , plus i chucked in dual batterys , this still didnt work , i got the new sensor and valve and its gone really well since

krogh
18th May 2012, 07:59 AM
Where is the sensor and valve located?

08st
15th June 2015, 05:37 PM
Yeah mate iam experiencing the same problem now with my 2008 gu crd I have changed the bulb primer thought it was sucking air didn't fix it my local mechanic said that rail pressure doesn't build up or hold as quick as it should. Should I replace the fuel rail pressure sensor.

Hodge
15th June 2015, 05:39 PM
Here is how to test the rail pressure before spending money on it ...
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=58929&stc=1