PDA

View Full Version : Good Mechanic in Perth

Wetty
11th May 2012, 01:45 AM
Anyone point me in the direction of a reputable mechanic here in Perth? I want to get a few things done to the old girl that are a touch above my tanlents and tool collection.
Thanks
Wetty

Clunk
11th May 2012, 01:54 AM
Robson brothers in Welshpool seem to have a good name for themselves, only deal with 4b's so know what they're doing? Haven't used them meself yet but a few on here have and not a bad word has been said but notcheap by all accounts

Wetty
11th May 2012, 03:16 AM
Thanks Clunk. . . . I don't mind paying if the service is good, bit like restaurants! I can do all the "normal" stuff like filters and oils, but fitting dawse valves and other bits might get me in trouble.

Clunk
11th May 2012, 03:20 AM
Thanks Clunk. . . . I don't mind paying if the service is good, bit like restaurants! I can do all the "normal" stuff like filters and oils, but fitting dawse valves and other bits might get me in trouble.

There's a few good threads on here that will help ya get through the NADS mate...... if you cant find them just shout out and someone will point you in the right direction.

Wetty
24th May 2012, 11:39 PM
Got the wagon back from Robsons, good old fashioned service.......very rare indeed!

Clunk
24th May 2012, 11:47 PM
Got the wagon back from Robsons, good old fashioned service.......very rare indeed!

So they got it all sorted for ya then?

Wetty
26th May 2012, 03:08 PM
Yeah man. . . . no needle, but I think I will do that myself (if I can find one) looks like it can't be too difficult

DesT
25th October 2016, 01:31 AM
Reviving an old thread... seems like everyone recommends Robsons, but I'm up in Quinns Rocks. Anyone got any recommendations on best mechanic/s north of the river that knows their Patrols?

oncedisturbed
25th October 2016, 09:46 AM
Reviving an old thread... seems like everyone recommends Robsons, but I'm up in Quinns Rocks. Anyone got any recommendations on best mechanic/s north of the river that knows their Patrols?

I'm in Quinns as well but Bridgestone in Butler opp Masters are pretty good, do great wheel alignments getting rid of the GU wobbles

"Never under estimate the power of the tap, let it flow through you"

DesT
25th October 2016, 07:23 PM
I'm in Quinns as well but Bridgestone in Butler opp Masters are pretty good, do great wheel alignments getting rid of the GU wobbles

Thanks mate. It's an engine issue that I'm wanting looked into, but I do have the wobbles as well so will go give Bridgestone a go. Used a guy 3 times from
Neerabup in the last 8 months and he has had to re-do each job every time. 3 strikes and your out, so am looking for a new mechanic.

oncedisturbed
25th October 2016, 07:39 PM
Bridgestone bought a new alignment machine last year that balances right down to each individual wheel nut, got rid of 95% of the wobble. Better than anyone else I've taken the troll to and they've a full mechanics workshop as well not just wheels [emoji41][emoji41]

Bloggsy
26th October 2016, 11:06 AM
OD, Have you had your 4.8 serviced there (Bridgestone)?

I've been taking mine to Robsons, but kinda over travelling there, would like something closer.

Anyone tried Joondalup 4x4 for servicing/repairs?