PDA

View Full Version : Body Lifts and Cab Cuts in Queensland

Xtreme 4x4 Sport
10th May 2012, 08:47 AM
Body lifts can now be approved by an Approved Person here in Queensland.

Maximum is 50mm and the blocks must be the same diameter as the original body mounts, must use high tensile bolts with locking nuts. Block can be alloy, steel or high density poly. All work must be carried out to accepted engineering practices.

Cab cuts can also be approved now without seeking approval from Transport.

If you have any questions give me a call 0418 745 830

Cheers
David

Richo460
10th May 2012, 12:05 PM
awesome, i plan to cut my gq wagon into an extra cab one day. Do you know where to get the rear windows they use for cuts? I want to do it all myself where practical.

Xtreme 4x4 Sport
10th May 2012, 02:27 PM
If possible try and pick up a ute rear. The glass can also be cut to size or just hunt around for the size window you want, it maybe out of another vehicle.

Cheers
David

Silver
10th May 2012, 03:17 PM
G'day David, do you replace standard body mounts in GQ wagon with standard heights? I'd like a full set done.

I am happy to give the threads a squirt of the product of your choice for a while before I bring it in.

Rick

BigMav
10th May 2012, 05:18 PM
Thanks for that info David, I was planning on filling out a Motor Vehicle Modification Application form and taking it into Queensland Transport and then I assumed they look over the completed work when finished. This is was what I thought was the process, are you saying that this form and any other relevant stuffing around with Queensland Transport is no longer required and we can get it mod plated instead by someone like you? If this is the case what sort of $ are we talking for the plate approval? Steel blocks same diameter are used as is high tensile bolts and locknuts. PM me if you prefer. Cheers. Jon.

Xtreme 4x4 Sport
10th May 2012, 05:25 PM
Hi Jon yes that is correct, just have to see an Approved Person who can sign off on a K3 Code (Heavy Vehicle).

As this is a General discussion area I will get back to you via private email.

Cheers
David

Xtreme 4x4 Sport
10th May 2012, 05:31 PM
G'day David, do you replace standard body mounts in GQ wagon with standard heights? I'd like a full set done.

I am happy to give the threads a squirt of the product of your choice for a while before I bring it in.

Rick

Hi Rick, Yes I do, the only mounts I use are Nissan Genuine mounts. Yes if needed I can do the job.

The body blocks preferred are solid alloy or steel and on a Nissan they have to be 75mm in diameter and a max of 50mm in height to comply.

Cheers
David

MQ MAD
13th May 2012, 07:42 PM
awesome, i plan to cut my gq wagon into an extra cab one day. Do you know where to get the rear windows they use for cuts? I want to do it all myself where practical.

The trick with extra cabs is using a ute rear wall section
Thatll make it look seemingly factory, the walls usually have the windows
Failing that the odd ute rear windows are about, maybe a cruiser,nissan 720 ute , theres planty styles around
Im sure David will know , but they have to be safety glass, not cut from a piece of glass ???