PDA

View Full Version : What things need to be changed/moved when doing a body lift

Mattonpatrol
9th May 2012, 09:19 PM
Hey guys i own a 97 Gu St patrol..
Just thinking of doing a body lift on my Parol to allow for more flex room for my tyres, and wanting to know what things will need to be changed or moved when doing this.. has anyone ever done or herd of doing a bodly lift on my model or any websites tha have info on that type of things...

Thanks so much

mudski
10th May 2012, 04:50 PM
I did my old MK a few years back, the only issue was the hydrualic clutch hose became real tight. That tight, that tight I could hear all the transmission noise through the hose. I was like a guitar string it was that tight. I got a new cable made three inches longer and all gone. so I suppose things to check would be anythings that is mounted on the body and then again mounted on the chassis.
Another thing was that I had to give the gear stick a bit more of a bend as selecting 1st, 3rd and 5th I was punching the dash. They were the only issues I had with that old girl.

Kingy10992
10th May 2012, 06:07 PM
only things you will need to do is extend the filler to the fuel tank (or just let it hang), shortin the top radiator hose and also grind a bit of metal around the gearstick to let it be able to get into 4wd low

MudRunnerTD
10th May 2012, 08:00 PM
A body lift on a GU is not a common mod mate? Seriously think about why you are doing it?

The wheel arches are much bigger on a GU than GQ and Generally there is not the same need to lift the body for guard clearance. Bit or a waste of time on a GU