PDA

View Full Version : Swampdonkey

swampdonkey
1st October 2010, 04:30 AM
Hi, im new to this forum and my goal is to get ang give information on the nissan td42 engine that I am about to attempt to fit into my 1982 Range Rover bobtail offroader.The engine that is in it at the mo is a BMW M21 2.4l 6 cylinder diesel (gutless) but the main reason for changing it is its cambelt driven and its only a matter of time before a stone is picked up and breaks the belt, I know this happens cos it did it to the pump belt on my ld28 turbo and total engine failure will follow...

AB
1st October 2010, 08:32 AM
Welcome to the forum SwampDonkey.

Feel free to ask any questions mate and join in.

DX grunt
1st October 2010, 08:52 AM
Welcome SwampDonkey.

Where abouts are you from? We look forward to your upgrade reports.

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

patch697
1st October 2010, 11:34 AM
Welcome on board & I hope you enjoy the forum.

Maxhead
1st October 2010, 05:40 PM
Welcome swampdonkey, welcome mate

swampdonkey
4th October 2010, 06:33 AM
Hi,just a quick question.........anybody know the lenght of the td42 engine from bellhousing flange to the shortest the front pully could be machined down to, or how much longer or shorter it is against the sd33 engine.... The reason i ask is I dont have mine yet and the sd33 engine is ajust about fit into a Range Rover and if the td42 is way longer then it aint gonna fit......

Cheers IAN:1087:

AB
4th October 2010, 07:44 AM
G'day Ian, a lot of members don't read the introductions section so you may get a better response if you ask this question in another categorie.

Cheers mate!

Finly Owner
5th October 2010, 06:46 PM
Hi and welcome Swampdonkey

Tim