View Full Version : What's your choice of spotties

MEGOMONSTER
9th May 2012, 04:05 PM
What is your choice of spotties?
IPF HELLA LIGHTFORCE NARVA OR ANY OTHERS

7 x IPF SPOTTIES ON MY TRUCK

Bigrig
9th May 2012, 04:12 PM
Had Narva - now have Lightforce, and stoked with them. Genesis 240's and Stryker 170's.

nissannewby
9th May 2012, 04:21 PM
Lightforce all the way :)

GQ- 2x170 strikers with spread crystal covers, 2x 240 blitz with clear spot covers on
GU- 2x 50w HID XGT's which are bloody awesome.

b1900c
9th May 2012, 04:30 PM
IPF standard nissan ones for now .....anyone know where to get some good covers for them to protect the lense?

I have only been able to find what appears to be cheap and nasties!!

mick.
9th May 2012, 06:24 PM
IPF standard nissan ones for now .....anyone know where to get some good covers for them to protect the lense?

I have only been able to find what appears to be cheap and nasties!!You will find them here.

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m570.l1311&_nkw=ipf+covers&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Cheers Mick.

mick.
9th May 2012, 06:34 PM
I've got a bit of everything. I have a 240 watt light bar, 2 x 70 watt hid XGTs, 2 x 70 watt HID eBay lights (which are getting replaced with 2 more XGT hids or IPFs) which are all on the roof plus I had 2 genesis lights on the front which where spread. They where rubbish compared to my other lights. They might be alright in spot but there the worst spreads I've ever seen. I just bought a set of IPF XSs and fitted 70 watt internal HIDs to them. I haven't had a chance to have a great look at them in the dark yet but from what I've seen they might be better the my XGTs.

I've also done a HID projector upgrade in my standard headlights which on high beam are equal to 70 watt HIDs.

Cheers Mick.

The BigFella
9th May 2012, 06:58 PM
Light Force all the way, 170 Strikers and 220's now.

bordertech
11th May 2012, 07:42 AM
All of the above are good quality but light output and spread etc is pretty average on some of their smaller and cheaper lights. But once any light starts getting discoloured reflectors or lenses they lose a lot of performance.
All the above seem to have a pretty good life span though, as long as you keep them out of mud soup etc.

gregs
12th May 2012, 09:33 AM
IPF (and hopefully soon with 55w internal ballast hids in)

mick.
12th May 2012, 10:20 AM
IPF (and hopefully soon with 55w internal ballast hids in)You wont be disappointed mate. I fitted 70 watt internal ballasts to mine and they are outperforming my 70 watt HID XGTs and they where half the price and take up half the room.

I probably wouldn't use anything else after fitting these.

Cheers Mick.

Stropp
12th May 2012, 11:45 AM
I have 2xxgt's on the bar and 2xhella rectangular lights on the roof rack to show up the sides of the road. xgt's are fantastic lights.

Winnie
12th May 2012, 01:41 PM
I'm planning on getting some spotties come tax time, I will be upgrading to HID straight away. Any recommendations?

a tappa

choppie
13th May 2012, 03:03 PM
Britax Xray 220 brilliant lights, good cast alloy body, HID kits fit inside.

MEGOMONSTER
8th August 2012, 05:20 PM
Feel like getting a light bar for more immediate light.

daggy
9th August 2012, 09:23 AM
I love my IPF xtremes (2 x spot), but really need soemthing to fill the gap between high beam and the spot.

97_gq_lwb
9th August 2012, 09:46 AM
Small and hella.
They were free and work good enough for me lol.
I do have other sets laying about even larger hella ones but seriously can't see the need to change them.

big_fletch
9th August 2012, 11:02 AM
Had Lightforce XGT with 70w HID, awesome light but didn't like the spread.. Now have Hella Rallye 4000 with 100w HID (1spot and 1 spread) and they are brilliant.. Wouldn't have anything else

gec
9th August 2012, 11:13 AM
Same as Mick, I have two IPF XS with 70 watt slimline digital ballasts, I have mine in the spot/spread set up, all I can say is, "Holy Crap on a stick".

oncedisturbed
9th August 2012, 11:51 AM
I have narva 175's x 2 on mine at the moment. Also have a 73w 12" lightbar to install yet.

I prefer lightforce but the price tag is outta my reach at the moment. I am looking at replacing the narvas with 2 x LED 4-6" bars and use them with the 12" bar, will need to do some trial and error testing to get it to what I will be happy with.

Always on the lookout though for better options

Stropp
9th August 2012, 03:42 PM
I beleive that fyrlyt are also a very good light, they used to work for lightforce but thought they could do better, great thing is spot to spread by turning the front of the light.

threedogs
9th August 2012, 03:59 PM
X 2 on the Fyrlyt Stropp great light,
I'm changing all the time but at the moment I've got a 40" light bar on the roof and two 75 watt HID spot 6000k driving lights'
Great distant and side lighting. only use bar for bush night tracks

Maxhead
9th August 2012, 04:56 PM
I got X-ray vision 50w hid and they seem bloody good so far. After 1000km of corrugations they still did not shake around when off road(like lots of others will)
Thumbs up from me but a bit pricey
Apparently lots of truckies use the on their trucks.
Made by Britax I think

..........on the move

White Elephant
9th August 2012, 07:20 PM
I've had IPF's on mine for nearly 10 years, and only ever had to replace one globe. The lenses and frames are still in good nick. I'm happy with the durability and the light they put out, especially considering the price I paid all those years ago!

97_gq_lwb
9th August 2012, 10:06 PM
This thread motivated me to have a look at the spotlights i have laying about i have a set of narva 225 style with wide spread and spotlight are they worth swapping over.