PDA

View Full Version : New Click A Part section

AB
9th May 2012, 02:56 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/05/1.gif (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/click-a-part.html?)

Hi All,

Well I have finally finished the new Click A Part section. This has taken more time then anything I have done before and so happy It's finally complete.

Ok, the forum seems to be getting some benefits from people using the Ebay searches by going through to the Parts section of the website. I want to encourage more visitors to buy things on Ebay by clicking through from this forum. We get a little cut from that so I am trying to encourage more people to do this.

Even if you click on a part but go and buy a fridge in the same session it doesn't matter we still benefit from that so please consider this new avenue when buying things off Ebay.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/05/2.gif (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/click-a-part.html?)

How it works

Simply go to the new CLICK A PART (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/click-a-part.html?) section and hover your mouse over the part you are interested in and it will show the Ebay results of people selling that particular part.

Results may vary depending on if that part is for sale on Ebay at the time, etc.

Now that I have finally finished this program we now have a system we can use for other things...

Such as hover over the vehicles part to find answer in the forum for that part or a quick part number finder, etc.

I'm happy to hear any other suggestions and ideas that people may have to use this function but I need to have a break for a while before starting anything again...LMAO

I hope you guys like it, It's a bit of a gimmick thing but it took so many hours and coding headaches so please let me know if you find any mistakes or important parts that I might have missed, etc...

Thanks everyone!!!!!!:beer:

MudRunnerTD
9th May 2012, 03:02 PM
Smartie pants ;)

taslucas
9th May 2012, 03:04 PM
Sounds unreal AB, and also sounds like a lot of hard work on your behalf. Can't wait to check it out tonight.
YOU'RE A MACHINE!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Now time for a beer!:beer::beer:

Tap, crackle, pop

TimE
9th May 2012, 03:11 PM
handy Ap, I'm sure it will be used often. Well done.

Maxhead
9th May 2012, 03:14 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/05/165.jpg
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH

nice one mate. Love it

growler2058
9th May 2012, 03:15 PM
Well mr fancy pants strikes again ;-)

Bigrig
9th May 2012, 03:16 PM
Nice truck you used too!!!!! lmao

Maybe just add a link to the Harris gear also so it goes to Mal's website??

There seems to be a winch missing from the shots also!!! lol

Ade
9th May 2012, 03:59 PM
Impressive awesome job AB!!! The best Nissan site that for sure..

AB
9th May 2012, 04:02 PM
Thanks guys, I'm having a break for a few days...LMAO...That was without a doubt the worst job that I have ever done on the computer!!!

NissanGQ4.2
9th May 2012, 06:10 PM
Sorry 2 say but it doesn't work, I clicked on the GQ, and it listed GQ's 2 buy and no parts...... I know my GQ is a sh!tbox, but I don't think its time to buy a new one just yet

Edit: But good try Andy :)

wildgu6
9th May 2012, 06:29 PM
That is a cracker little app mate, Now i see why you were chasing an underbody shot, once again :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: Nice work Andy.

Winnie
9th May 2012, 07:15 PM
Want aware that forum gets a cut from eBay, I'll keep that in mind because I buy a fair bit from eBay

Tappa tappa

Clunk
10th May 2012, 12:34 AM
AB, just had a quick butchers at what you've been up to........ looks bloom in marvelous, luv it mate.

The missus doesn't think its a good idea though, can't think why!!!!! Lol

timbar
10th May 2012, 01:59 AM
loookin goood AB works welll mate NICE

AB
10th May 2012, 03:14 PM
Thanks lads, will be interesting to see how it goes after a while.

taslucas
10th May 2012, 04:41 PM
Not sure if its working for me either...cluck on gq and a big page of eBay adds pops up, no under body shots or pointer hovering stuff?

Tap, crackle, pop

Winnie
10th May 2012, 04:46 PM
Scroll down before you click on a vehicle! Clicking on the vehicle brings up listings for that type of Patrol.

AB
10th May 2012, 06:31 PM
Scroll down before you click on a vehicle! Clicking on the vehicle brings up listings for that type of Patrol.

A few people have mentioned that. I tried to re word it today but it seems people are still clicking on the models expecting to filter the parts after that...I should just take the top off part altogether.

pearcey
10th May 2012, 06:48 PM
Well done AB works a treat

taslucas
11th May 2012, 08:07 AM
A few people have mentioned that. I tried to re word it today but it seems people are still clicking on the models expecting to filter the parts after that...I should just take the top off part altogether.

Just had another go. Wow thats pretty cool! But i wanted to click on TANKs driver :(

growler2058
11th May 2012, 08:13 AM
Just had another go. Wow thats pretty cool! But i wanted to click on TANKs driver :(

Way way way way way overpriced for a thrashed out example Tas hahahaha

Tappin N Crappin

Winnie
11th May 2012, 08:15 AM
way way way way way overpriced for a thrashed out example tas hahahaha

lmao!!!!!!

taslucas
11th May 2012, 09:01 AM
Way way way way way overpriced for a thrashed out example Tas hahahaha

Tappin N Crappin

I was gonna part him out......

Tap, crackle, pop

HammerBuilder
11th May 2012, 10:42 AM
Awsome work AB

Legend in your own Lunchbox....

Works great & the pics are well done

robbo0001
12th May 2012, 10:03 PM
Just had a play with the "click a part" section....dunno how much time you devoted to it AB, but is pretty darn good.
Love the clickable vehicle pics....awesome job.
How about you shout yourself 20 beers, and relax...you earnt it.

AB
13th May 2012, 04:07 PM
Just had a play with the "click a part" section....dunno how much time you devoted to it AB, but is pretty darn good.
Love the clickable vehicle pics....awesome job.
How about you shout yourself 20 beers, and relax...you earnt it.

Cheers Dave, mate I don't want to tell you how many hours went into that. Lets just say there are hundreds of images that make that section up along with hundreds of different pages with their own coding to display the relevant part the user clicked on.....I just had to keep going and finish the darn thing...lol

growler2058
5th June 2012, 12:59 AM
The click a parts not working for me Andy :-(

AB
5th June 2012, 09:08 AM
The click a parts not working for me Andy :-(

I took it off mate. It was a complete failure....lol....It killed me to take it off due to the amount of hours spent on it but people were not using it and it was just a big fat waste of time...

Winnie
5th June 2012, 09:10 AM
What's the point in taking it off even if people weren't using it? I used it to browse all the time

growler2058
5th June 2012, 09:23 AM
I took it off mate. It was a complete failure....lol....It killed me to take it off due to the amount of hours spent on it but people were not using it and it was just a big fat waste of time...

Oh........:-(
I was waiting for you to do it to a GU MK MQ as well as a G60 :-)

Tapp tillya Crap

AB
5th June 2012, 10:08 AM
The general parts and Used Patrol section was working well as it showed a full page for people to browse and hopefully buy.

When the ClickAPart section was on people were clicking but not buying anything and the forum was earning 0 dollars. By keeping that on there it reduced the clicks and purchases from the main parts and Used Car section and everything just dropped to 0.

I know it doesnt make sense but I had to do it unfortunately.