PDA

View Full Version : Warning! Patrol4x4 Links are Banned

MudRunnerTD
8th May 2012, 07:02 PM
Hi folks.

With an effort to keep our forum clean and without Trojans we need to keep Patrol4x4 links out of every post in every thread in this forum.

Sorry Patrol4x4, great site and i hope it gets sorted soon but we just cant have it here.

If anyone sees a Patrol4x4 Link embedded into a post on this forum post a link to it here or contact a Mod immediately and it will be removed.

Tonight i have got a Trojan Warning on a PC here for this site and cant find the link to blame. If you see it post it here.

Got to keep it clean folks too much to loose!

Thanks for your cooperation.

AB
8th May 2012, 07:38 PM
Thanks MR, let us know if you find it. It is a shame mate but if Google finds out then we could be in trouble too.

I have seen a lot of sites come up on Google searches with a Virus warning on the results pages due to them linking so I am amazed we havent been done ourselves.

As mentioned above please let us know. Even if you are a new member please don't be shy, just post up the link where you found it. I would really appreciate it!!!!

NissanGQ4.2
8th May 2012, 07:39 PM
??? Darren if it was the google Malware warning that came up, then the link will only be in that page you were going to.

Do you know the link of the page you were going to?

I have also made this link a sticky in the general chat thread.

I think AB has a thread on here to somewhere re the same subject but can't find it at the moment

AB
8th May 2012, 07:41 PM
Umm....

Type in the full name of the site in the search button....So type Patrol4x4 dot you know what and there are 3 pages of them. I just removed one.

If any of the moderators are feeling frisky then go through and delete them. I will get onto it tonight or tomorrow as well....Should only take about half an hour.

AB
8th May 2012, 07:42 PM
The problem will be the search result only brings up the thread and not the actual page number the link is in...I saw a result in the General Banter thread but god knows how you would search through hundreds of pages to find the post that had the link.

NissanGQ4.2
8th May 2012, 07:49 PM
The problem will be the search result only brings up the thread and not the actual page number the link is in...I saw a result in the General Banter thread but god knows how you would search through hundreds of pages to find the post that had the link.

yeh i done the same *L*

If I find any, I don't delete the post just remove the link and put patrol4x4, is that still ok as there is no link?

AB
8th May 2012, 07:50 PM
yeh i done the same *L*

If I find any, I don't delete the post just remove the link and put patrol4x4, is that still ok as there is no link?

Yeah mate that is 100% fine...Thanks for your help Todd.

NissanGQ4.2
8th May 2012, 08:00 PM
No probs mate

Searching through some now and just found one back on the 24th march. Another now gone :)

NissanGQ4.2
8th May 2012, 08:04 PM
Also I put a disclaimer in the post saying that if you are to copy the link into your browser you do so at your own risk

MudRunnerTD
8th May 2012, 08:05 PM
??? Darren if it was the google Malware warning that came up, then the link will only be in that page you were going to.

Do you know the link of the page you were going to?

I just asked gnomes where she saw the warning? It turns out that to come here she uses Google search, she types in "Nissan Patrol Forum" and the first few are Patrol4x4 links and they all have a warning.

She was not aware that there was a difference! I forgave her and educated her ;)

growler2058
8th May 2012, 08:37 PM
I'll start looking tonight also with the search function just gotta slap some contractors with non conformanes first then I'll be on it hahahahahaha gee I'm
unfriendly when I'm tired and sober bahahahahahaha

Tappin N Crappin

AB
8th May 2012, 08:42 PM
Thanks Growler. No stress mate see how you go.

The hard part will be trying to find them in the pages of posts. I'll get cracking now myself.

Silver
8th May 2012, 08:46 PM
Others will probably have a different view, but if it is a huge effort to go back through General Banter, or Night Shift, I could cope with them just being shut down and deleted, and then hopefully restarted as of today, or whenever.

While I contribute to both, they are in my mind different from the how to threads etc in terms of wanting to look back through them

Now runs away and hides :-)

Clunk
8th May 2012, 08:51 PM
Others will probably have a different view, but if it is a huge effort to go back through General Banter, or Night Shift, I could cope with them just being shut down and deleted, and then hopefully restarted as of today, or whenever.

While I contribute to both, they are in my mind different from the how to threads etc in terms of wanting to look back through them

Now runs away and hides :-)mate....... how could you possibly not want to go back through pages upon pages of utter usefulness on both the GB and NS threads..... what are you saying man!!!!?????? Lol

Silver
8th May 2012, 08:55 PM
Clunk, they are burned into what is left of my brain indelibly :-)

NissanGQ4.2
8th May 2012, 08:55 PM
Thanks Growler. No stress mate see how you go.

The hard part will be trying to find them in the pages of posts. I'll get cracking now myself.

I'm on it boys, leave this one with me, 10 links removed so far, about another 20 to go :(:(:(

kowalski
8th May 2012, 09:00 PM
i recognized the same. using eset nod32 and chrome, both show always warnings regarding the mentioned forum site. seems for me that the warnings go out for the whole forum in general, so i wasnt further concerned about checking the details on this warning message.

Clunk
8th May 2012, 09:03 PM
So is there a quick way of finding the links in general banter and n/s?

NissanGQ4.2
8th May 2012, 09:15 PM
So is there a quick way of finding the links in general banter and n/s?

Not in GB and N/S

If you do an advance search on patrol4x4.com with the www. in front and then change the sort results by "Relevance" in "Additional Options"

you get better results,

then when you open the thread, use the find function on your browser and search for patrol4x4

but because GB and N/S are so big the links will be hard to find

AB
8th May 2012, 09:15 PM
This is a PITA job...lol

NissanGQ4.2
8th May 2012, 09:20 PM
This is a PITA job...lol

job?????? I thought people got payed for doing jobs *LMAO*

growler2058
8th May 2012, 09:38 PM
I started from page three of the search function and deleted any reference to p4x4 till i came to a thread edited by toddsta

Silver
8th May 2012, 10:51 PM
I dunno if I used the right search function, or used it correctly. However, would it help if we split say, Night Shift up between whoever is available?

As a non mod I could go through a chunk, and report any pages with links and the mods could then do something about that?

I can put in a bit of an effort tomorrow night - just give me a page range in either N/S or G/B.

Clunk
8th May 2012, 11:00 PM
I dunno if I used the right search function, or used it correctly. However, would it help if we split say, Night Shift up between whoever is available?

As a non mod I could go through a chunk, and report any pages with links and the mods could then do something about that?

I can put in a bit of an effort tomorrow night - just give me a page range in either N/S or G/B.
Bloom in good idea there Silver........ Id be happy to look through a chunk of pages too

NissanGQ4.2
8th May 2012, 11:07 PM
Should only need to do G/B, as far as I can tell there is NO reference to Patrol4x4 in N/S that we need to worry about.

I'm in 2morrow night if someone one wants to hand out page ranges in G/B

AB
8th May 2012, 11:08 PM
Thanks for your help guys, really appreciate it. Don't spend all night but if you see any then that would be a huge help. Just send us a PM with the page number....Thanks again!

Clunk
8th May 2012, 11:11 PM
Thanks for your help guys, really appreciate it. Don't spend all night but if you see any then that would be a huge help. Just send us a PM with the page number....Thanks again!

Did any one get the reported post in the overhead storage thread?

growler2058
8th May 2012, 11:12 PM
Ive just gone through the first 200 posts on GB gee you guys dribble hahahahahhahahahahaha i cant stop myself from having a read its gunna be a looooooooooong night hahahahahaa

Clunk
8th May 2012, 11:20 PM
Ive just gone through the first 200 posts on GB gee you guys dribble hahahahahhahahahahaha i cant stop myself from having a read its gunna be a looooooooooong night hahahahahaa

Oh how about you take it yp to page 49 and I'll start at 50 an take it up to 99 and so on

growler2058
8th May 2012, 11:30 PM
im showing 40 posts per page so ill go upto post 1000 if you wanna take a few on after that and just let me know where ya get up to

Clunk
8th May 2012, 11:33 PM
im showing 40 posts per page so ill go upto post 1000 if you wanna take a few on after that and just let me know where ya get up to

Righteo, I'll take it from 1000 to 1500 for now....... see how far i gget

growler2058
8th May 2012, 11:35 PM
Righteo, I'll take it from 1000 to 1500 for now....... see how far i gget

No worries mate my eyes are blurry hahahahahahhahahahahahaha gotta stop reading the good ol days posts hahahahahahaha

Silver
8th May 2012, 11:37 PM
Ok. I'll start at post 2000 and let you know how I go - will aim to do up to 2999 for the time being

growler2058
8th May 2012, 11:42 PM
Cheers Silver
Clunkster your on fire mate well done..............

growler2058
9th May 2012, 12:22 AM
Ok upto post 1000 checked all clear unless i pissed em i changed that site where it was referenced even without a link to p4x4

growler2058
9th May 2012, 12:22 AM
I'll start at 3000 now and see where i get to

Clunk
9th May 2012, 12:33 AM
Ok all clear between 1000 & 1999.............. good grief you old timers sure did talk back then didn't ya!!!!!?????? Hahahahaha

Clunk
9th May 2012, 12:37 AM
Reckon we got the only two in GB growlers ....... searches don't show up any more in there ............... I have been known to be wrong though hahahahaha

Silver
9th May 2012, 12:47 AM
No links to the other place between posts 2000 and 3000 on G/B.

But, AB did get Bluey in the high 2000s, and admitted to putting a 45 series out of the shed :-) As of post 3,000 he still had not got it home :-)

Silver
9th May 2012, 12:49 AM
Reckon we got the only two in GB growlers ....... searches don't show up any more in there ............... I have been known to be wrong though hahahahaha

so, Clunk, Growlers and AB, are we still looking in GB?

No more from me tonight, but will get stuck in tomorrow night - after checking on here first that it is still a goer, and if so, to grab a range of posts

Clunk
9th May 2012, 12:54 AM

No more from me tonight, but will get stuck in tomorrow night - after checking on here first that it is still a goer, and if so, to grab a range of posts
Yeah myvisions gone all blurry after going through that useful information......... so as with Silver, will start again tomorrow night if needed.

growler2058
9th May 2012, 01:12 AM
3000-4000 all good i think getting very weary...............

Woof
9th May 2012, 01:13 AM
Just went to do my bit but it looks like Todd got all of them..........well done mate

growler2058
9th May 2012, 01:14 AM
No links to the other place between posts 2000 and 3000 on G/B.

But, AB did get Bluey in the high 2000s, and admitted to putting a 45 series out of the shed :-) As of post 3,000 he still had not got it home :-)

Yeah myvisions gone all blurry after going through that useful information......... so as with Silver, will start again tomorrow night if needed.

Good job fellas upto 4000 clear of filth hahahahhahaa

Clunk
9th May 2012, 01:16 AM
3000-4000 all good i think getting very weary...............

I reckon we got em all mate, all searches I've done don't show anymore but you may want to search in just in case

growler2058
9th May 2012, 01:27 AM
I reckon we got em all mate, all searches I've done don't show anymore but you may want to search in just in case

No No mate its all yours hahahahahahahhaaha

Clunk
9th May 2012, 01:36 AM
No No mate its all yours hahahahahahahhaaha

I mean whensearching using Advanced Search............. jeez I know you love spendind hours looking through old posts mate but i wouldn't want you to re read what you just read, that would be just torture lol

NissanGQ4.2
9th May 2012, 06:38 AM
Did any one get the reported post in the overhead storage thread?

yeh mate got it, was just editing it as your report abuse came in :)

Woof
9th May 2012, 01:36 PM
Great job to all involved in this cleanup, well done.............................................. .......so good to see that the new Mods are finally earning their wages...LOLOLOLOLOL

Silver
9th May 2012, 03:57 PM
OK, I'll check again later today, but from the above it seems I don't need to look through any more of G/B for links to the other place.

While the eyes did get a bit blurry scanning just over 1000 posts, there was the occasional eye catching picture and story that lightened the burden.

janderson
9th May 2012, 05:25 PM
today on the Patrol4x4 forn I now cannot login or place a post

growler2058
9th May 2012, 05:29 PM
Mate I wouldn't be trying even it's not worth the risk of killing a compooter over

Clunk
9th May 2012, 08:35 PM
So did we manage to find all the links last night?....... I'm on the Tappa right now so to hard for me to see.

Taps a lot!!!!!!

NissanGQ4.2
9th May 2012, 08:40 PM
So did we manage to find all the links last night?....... I'm on the Tappa right now so to hard for me to see.

Taps a lot!!!!!!

Not sure mate, there is 4 or 5 threads still showing in the search results, I think I know why one is still showing but the others I can't find any linked reference 2 the other site in text or photo's.

Got me beat, but still working on it

P.S: Good work guys in the GB thread last night :)

Silver
9th May 2012, 09:15 PM
Not sure mate, there is 4 or 5 threads still showing in the search results, I think I know why one is still showing but the others I can't find any linked reference 2 the other site in text or photo's.

Got me beat, but still working on it

P.S: Good work guys in the GB thread last night :)

Well, if you want to point us to a thread and a range of pages..... you know where we are :-)

And thanks for the thanks. Nice to be able to make a contribution.

AB
9th May 2012, 09:27 PM
Just wanted to thank everyone for their help. I really appreciate it!!!

Having a break from forum tonight, click a part ruined me...lol

Thanks again for your support!!!

Clunk
9th May 2012, 09:31 PM
Glad to help for a change, rather than the usual tosh I write lol....
Let me know if more assistance is required, will do what I can.

Taps a lot!!!!!!

NissanGQ4.2
9th May 2012, 09:36 PM
Well, if you want to point us to a thread and a range of pages..... you know where we are :-)

And thanks for the thanks. Nice to be able to make a contribution.

Thanks for the offer mate,

Even though those pages are still showing in the search result, I'm pretty sure they are clean from any direct links :)

Silver
9th May 2012, 09:39 PM
A mate up the road drives a baby bobcat and excavator, and also does some coding work.

He talks about holding a (largeish) number of things in his head, and the interactions between each of them in relation to the other, and the changes he is writing. I was talking to him about the health benefits of a 2 minute break every 20 minutes or half an hour. He reckoned it would take longer than that to pick up all the balls and start juggling them again :-)

I dips me lid to you blokes, and am happy to enjoy the fruits of your labour! Thanks, AB!!

AB
9th May 2012, 09:53 PM
Very true mate. Once you have the system and procedure in your head you can't stop. Kind of like a production run with multiples of repetitive coding and procedures but once you stop for a minute you loose your rhytham and it takes ages to get back in it again and you start making errors.

bordertech
9th May 2012, 10:09 PM
today on the Patrol4x4 forn I now cannot login or place a postIt's not just you, I'm a member on there as well, also a paid up vendor on there and couldn't log in just then either. Going by Matts current post they are currently working on the site. Last post by a non admin/mod was about 7.30pm tonight. Looks like only mods etc can log in ATM.

Dave

NissanGQ4.2
9th May 2012, 10:41 PM
Anyone want to go through the below threads and let me know if they can find any direct links or photo's that link to Patrol4X4

Its doing my head in, I did find links in the other ones but these 2 have me stumped, Once these 2 a cleared, that will mean 100% no direct links from this forum :)

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?6275-Installing-Pyro-and-Boost-gauges-in-a-GU

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?5395-new-guy-s-turbo-gq

snicko
9th May 2012, 10:43 PM
Hey Todd I can help

Silver
9th May 2012, 10:46 PM
Snicko, do you want gauges, or part of it, and I'll do the second one?

In any case, I'll take a look at the second one

NissanGQ4.2
9th May 2012, 10:47 PM
Hey Todd I can help

Thanks Stranger, I mean Sniko :) if you find something just report post, I'm outta here for the night

NissanGQ4.2
9th May 2012, 10:48 PM

there not big mate, but got a few pics.

Thanks

growler2058
9th May 2012, 10:49 PM
Ill have a look as well, cheers Snicko and Silver

NissanGQ4.2
9th May 2012, 10:54 PM
Just this one now guys: http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?5395-new-guy-s-turbo-gq

Sorted the other one out.

There was a link in the word "This" in one of the post!

Thanks all :)

snicko
9th May 2012, 10:58 PM

Been through the gauges. Only found links to other links. Nothing direct.

growler2058
9th May 2012, 11:01 PM
Just this one now guys: http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?5395-new-guy-s-turbo-gq

Found 1 so far and removed

Silver
9th May 2012, 11:02 PM
Anyone want to go through the below threads and let me know if they can find any direct links or photo's that link to Patrol4X4

Its doing my head in, I did find links in the other ones but these 2 have me stumped, Once these 2 a cleared, that will mean 100% no direct links from this forum :)

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?6275-Installing-Pyro-and-Boost-gauges-in-a-GU

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?5395-new-guy-s-turbo-gq

POst 42 in the second one, Boss, text hiding between some foters. Reported it, checked the rest of that thread.

Silver
9th May 2012, 11:03 PM
Found 1 so far and removed

from the one in your quote, Growlers?

Snicko, are you doing the first thread Todd put up (where I did the second?) don't want to get in anyone's space :-)

growler2058
9th May 2012, 11:06 PM
POst 42 in the second one, Boss, text hiding between some foters. Reported it, checked the rest of that thread.

Cheers Mate removed good job

snicko
9th May 2012, 11:17 PM
from the one in your quote, Growlers?

Snicko, are you doing the first thread Todd put up (where I did the second?) don't want to get in anyone's space :-)

No probs Silver. More eyes the better.

Silver
9th May 2012, 11:21 PM
No probs Silver. More eyes the better.

I'm sure if its there, you'll find it Snicko. It is kinda fun on these short threads though :-)

I'll leave it to you unless you tell me otherwise.

snicko
9th May 2012, 11:41 PM
I'm sure if its there, you'll find it Snicko. It is kinda fun on these short threads though :-)

I'll leave it to you unless you tell me otherwise.

I have been through it twice and can't find it. Could you have a look please?

Silver
9th May 2012, 11:43 PM
I have been through it twice and can't find it. Could you have a look please?

Will do...

growler2058
9th May 2012, 11:44 PM
I think toddie got it guys if so it'll have last edited by .......

Tappin N Crappin

snicko
9th May 2012, 11:47 PM
I think toddie got it guys if so it'll have last edited by .......

Tappin N Crappin

Found a couple that Todd had edited but I thought he still could not find one.

Clunk
9th May 2012, 11:55 PM
Just been through as well the only other link I could see was to Chaz's website, looks like Todd got two on there

Silver
10th May 2012, 12:01 AM
Todd got posts 87 and 143.

The word 'This' in blue on post 81 has also been picked up, and carries a warning, the link goes to another site (now?). If memory serves Growlers posted something about "this" above?

I've been through the thread, and that's all I see, and it looks like all done

Silver
10th May 2012, 12:04 AM

nope, Todd got 'This'

Clunk
10th May 2012, 12:05 AM

The word 'This' in blue on post 81 has also been picked up, and carries a warning, the link goes to another site (now?). If memory serves Growlers posted something about "this" above?

I've been through the thread, and that's all I see, and it looks like all doneyep that's the one that goes to Chaaz's site

snicko
10th May 2012, 12:08 AM

I've been through the thread, and that's all I see, and it looks like all done

Thanks Silver. If there was one there I knew you would have found it. Thanks for looking.

Woof
10th May 2012, 01:10 AM
YOU LOT ARE LEDGENDS, THANKS HEAPS AGAIN............................................. .................................................. ..feeling a bit redundant at the moment......hahaha

Clunk
10th May 2012, 01:12 AM
YOU LOT ARE LEDGENDS, THANKS HEAPS AGAIN............................................. .................................................. ..feeling a bit redundant at the moment......hahaha

Get back to work ya slacker!!!!!!!! Lol

growler2058
10th May 2012, 01:18 AM
Thanks fer ya efforts guys n gal!!

Tappin N Crappin

Clunk
10th May 2012, 01:21 AM
Thanks fer ya efforts guys n gal!!

Tappin N Crappin

Let's see if toddsta finds some more tomorrow ...... seems like you think they've all been found, then more creep up

growler2058
10th May 2012, 01:25 AM
Toddie seems ta have a nose for it but hopefully wre close now

Tappin N Crappin

Silver
10th May 2012, 03:22 PM
Of course we are legends :-) We are on here with you lot! (who are also Legends!!)

Silver
10th May 2012, 03:24 PM
Thanks Silver. If there was one there I knew you would have found it. Thanks for looking.

G'day snicko - I reckon I found what you found - nil! we were beaten to the punch :-) And it was a pleasure.

NissanGQ4.2
10th May 2012, 07:15 PM
A big thank you to all members involved in searching for Patrol4x4 links and reporting them over the last few days.

A big thank you to Admin / Mods for also searching and removing / editing the links.

Was a pretty time consuming job, but needed to be done

As of now I am 100% certain there are no direct links to Patrol4x4 :):):)

Again well done guys n girls

Cheers

Toddie

NissanGQ4.2
10th May 2012, 07:18 PM

You will never be made redundant mate, old dogs learn new tricks *L*

AB
10th May 2012, 07:27 PM
A big thank you to all members involved in searching for Patrol4x4 links and reporting them over the last few days.

A big thank you to Admin / Mods for also searching and removing / editing the links.

Was a pretty time consuming job, but needed to be done

As of now I am 100% certain there are no direct links to Patrol4x4 :):):)

Again well done guys n girls

Cheers

Toddie

Thanks a million Todd and everyone else involved....Love the support!!!!

snicko
10th May 2012, 10:02 PM
G'day snicko - I reckon I found what you found - nil! we were beaten to the punch :-) And it was a pleasure.

Again I'm a bit slow!!! Would have done more if I had found this thread sooner so well done guys for keeping our forum safe.

T0nka
17th May 2012, 07:04 PM
A patrol4x4 free forum... I INHALE THE SWEET SWEET AIR AROUND HERE. so much serenity

oncedisturbed
17th May 2012, 07:09 PM
Looks like their site is nearly Kaput as it is appears it is no longer being looked after, hence a new 1 has been created called myPatrol4x4

T0nka
17th May 2012, 07:10 PM
i giggle with delight :)

Winnie
17th May 2012, 07:13 PM
Is a shame, there was a huge amount if great info there.

Tappa tappa

T0nka
17th May 2012, 07:16 PM
is that 3 lettered moderator turd associated with the new forum

NissanGQ4.2
17th May 2012, 07:52 PM
Looks like their site is nearly Kaput as it is appears it is no longer being looked after, hence a new 1 has been created called myPatrol4x4

Bye the sounds of it mypatrol4x4 has nothing to do with patrol4x4

T0nka
17th May 2012, 07:55 PM
looks like some bloke has gone out solo and created his own site.. him and AB and 40 paces at the crack of dawn. jousting sticks?

oncedisturbed
17th May 2012, 09:08 PM

1 of the members went ahead and started, a lot of members are there firing it up with info etc

T0nka
17th May 2012, 09:14 PM
the format is quite nice, very easy on the eye

Rusty86
17th May 2012, 11:55 PM
MyPatrol has got a few of the regulars that got banned/suspended from the other site and many of the guys have started posting on there so it is quickly gaining good info. From a quick browse though there's still a fair bit of bitching about Patrol4x4 and the same on Patrol4x4 bitchin about MyPatrol!

I don't think Patrol4x4 has gone down, I think it's had a bit of a clean out and will still be around for a while

MudRunnerTD
18th May 2012, 01:08 AM

Well i just went and had a look, there are a heap of Banter and Personalities that i remember from the other forum and the Style of Banter is a carbon copy. Most of the personalities that i see there and not here are the ones i was glad never showed up here! Nice!

Good luck to them, it will be a Success with lots of Bitching but should be plenty of info come into there. Most dictated by a few but it will grow.

T0nka
18th May 2012, 11:18 AM
I like both this forum and the new forum, so ill spread the love. Nothing wrong with that. I also like four by four earth.

growler2058
18th May 2012, 12:44 PM
I like both this forum and the new forum, so ill spread the love. Nothing wrong with that. I also like four by four earth.

Tart..... Hahahahahahhaha

Tappin N Crappin

T0nka
18th May 2012, 02:02 PM
Im also a member of fishing forums and rugby league forums :)

growler2058
18th May 2012, 02:10 PM
Hope ya wear protection hahahahahaha

Tappin N Crappin

ozzymalone
18th May 2012, 02:25 PM
Hope ya wear protection hahahahahaha

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I treat forums like i do woman, I am loyal to just one. :tongue: