PDA

View Full Version : Where's the aftermarket oil pressure gauge plumb into on tb42 block?

Breaks
7th May 2012, 02:12 PM
Hey guys where do I plumb my oil pressure gauge into on the block?? I don't wana pull sumtin out if it's not right haha. The closer I can get first time the better! ;)

MudRunnerTD
7th May 2012, 02:13 PM
i added a manifold to the current position and doubled up there

Breaks
7th May 2012, 02:20 PM
Where's the original feed from the dash go to on the block?

nissannewby
7th May 2012, 07:30 PM
Near the oil filters just grab a t piece put original back in and aftermarket one in extra port.

WHITEGQ
9th May 2012, 11:52 AM
Hi all,
Sorry to hijack your thread, can anyone please tell me the thread size of the T piece needed to screw into the block? Saves me having to take factory piece out and match it.
Jeff.

Breaks
12th May 2012, 06:56 PM
Near the oil filters just grab a t piece put original back in and aftermarket one in extra port.

thanku mate, saved a heap of muckin around!

GQPorkroll
12th May 2012, 07:00 PM
It will be a metric thread, most likely 10 or 12 x 1.25, but to be certain, go to a (decent) spare parts shop, not supersh!t who don't know what a Nissan Patrol is, and grab the oil pressure switch for it and grab a T piece to match that thread. Use a bit of PTFE tape of it too, to prevent oil leaks.

zmaster
13th May 2012, 10:39 PM
I added a vdo oil pressure guage, the threads were different, one was 1/8 npt the other bsp I think. i took the senders to Enzed and they gave me a T piece that threads into the block and they cut a new thread for the new sender, too easy. Also, they used a short length of braided line to remote mount the T piece and sensors on the block, they hang out a fair way to clear the block and are pretty heavy, and bouncing around on corrugations may crack the T piece.