PDA

View Full Version : Oh No Cracked head!

diverre
6th May 2012, 10:44 PM
Hello all,

Just thought I would share my pain. :1087:
It started about 2 years ago when working hard on the beach she ran a little hot. Asked the mechanic his advice and he recommended the radiator be cleaned when ever i get chance. So left it for a while as problem went away. She ran fine on the road! Then the wife takes the family hoard for a drive in the hills and she gets warm again so this time straight into the the workshop and a new rad installed. Fast forward and in recent times she gets hot once more (very hot indeed) so back in to mechanics for change of thermostat as was not changed with rad.

Oops still building pressure in coolant system!! Bugger, cracked head. No. 4. Also looks like pieces of something had entered the head in the past and a ball of metal imbedded into No.4 piston top. Possible turbo disintegration with previous owners!! longitudinal scratches in piston chambers on 2. and 3. Far out. Why is life like this. She is not back yet and bill still to pay, looking at 5K.

Unhappy ZD30 GU4 2005

Stropp
6th May 2012, 11:32 PM
Damn, sorry to hear that, not good when that happens. Good luck

Bigrig
7th May 2012, 09:32 AM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

Sorry to hear of your dramas mate.

Enjoy!!