PDA

View Full Version : Driving Lights

Ryano
6th May 2012, 10:56 AM
Hi I am Ryano

Just picked up my new Patrol on Friday and just out admiring the big bus when I noticed that the patterns on the driving lights are different i.e. one is clear and one is ribbed up and down. Can anyone tell me why this is as I have never noticed this before on vehicles.

Ryano

Bigrig
6th May 2012, 05:52 PM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

Ones a spot beam and ones a spread beam mate ... but normally for Spotties, not on the headlights ... Unless things have changed in the last 20 years since mine was made!!! lol

Enjoy!!

AB
6th May 2012, 09:16 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Aquaman
6th May 2012, 10:38 PM
Hi
The clear one is your pencil beam and the other one is either a driving light or a fog light. More likely a driving light. Fog lights are more ribbed as you put it than driving lights but they are both spread beam. The more ribs and the wider and more prominant they are the wider the beam but the shorter the distance. The pencil beam is clear and gives you distance while the other one is wider. Most of the package lights that you buy have one pencil/spot beam and one driving/spread beam. The best of both worlds.

Airstrike
7th May 2012, 12:05 AM
Welcome aboard Ryano.

wildgu6
7th May 2012, 07:58 AM
G'day & welcome aboard Ryan
Great lot here with tons of advice and adventures and experiences,
Hang around, ask away and Join in where ever you feel comfortable.

Enjoy, Cheers Pete

Yappa tappa doo

Dhuck
7th May 2012, 09:37 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

Tweakedoffroad
7th May 2012, 10:26 AM
G'day mate welcome aboard great bunch with some good info and advice here so feel free to jump in and contribute were you can

skidy04
13th May 2012, 09:58 PM
Welcome there is lots of great advice and info on these forums.

Maxhead
14th May 2012, 06:43 AM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

Grahame
4th July 2012, 01:58 AM
G'day mate welcome aboard great bunch with some good info and advice here

threedogs
4th July 2012, 08:21 PM
welcome mate, spot beam is normally on the drivers side and spread on the left. great first question, enjoy and ask away

alexx
5th July 2012, 03:51 PM
Have you checked the bulbs? both maybe of the same side; like the left bulb could be for the right side hence you could be using 2 right bulbs or vice versa (both left).

Finly Owner
5th July 2012, 10:08 PM
Have you checked the bulbs? both maybe of the same side; like the left bulb could be for the right side hence you could be using 2 right bulbs or vice versa (both left).

WHAT?..........................

Tim

Finly Owner
5th July 2012, 10:08 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Ryano... have we helped you with your lights?

Tim

davesnissanpatrol
5th July 2012, 10:36 PM
Gday to another newby, I haven't been here long either, but I like what I've seen so far.

I agree about the 2 different lights on your car, I had the same deal with a new Navara I got a few years ago, I asked the question and was told 1 driving and 1 pencil beam, that came from the dealer, enjoy.

Regards,

Dave

davesnissanpatrol
5th July 2012, 10:38 PM
WHAT?..........................

Tim

Yep, What is right ????

Grahame
6th July 2012, 01:09 AM
sounds like some new lightforce's are needed :P