PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

malcolm
5th May 2012, 09:58 PM
I just joined this forum after searching for a few technical points on my Patrol:

I've a 91 Maverick LWB , TD42 with about 320000ks on the clock

This is my second GQ - previously I ran a similar carby. petrol wagon and changed to the diesel about 4 years ago - much better car - good fuel consumption and low end torque far outweigh smoother petrol engine at highway speeds.

Mostly used as everyday knock about transport and for camping bush travel etc.

Mods are few , shocks and coils replaced ( dobinsons ) and custom snorkel in 3" aluminium tube.

Cheap light and simple storage drawers using $2 shop storage containers and plywood frame have survived corrugations and quite a few rough roads .

Custom telescopic rear light and drop down table on larger barn dooor were home made too as was cargo barrier - fabricated from a hospital bed frame - that was before I discovered ebay!

I'm quite in to navigation / gps receivers and google earth if anyone is interested or needs a hand.

Also, I'm just about to re-new my tyres and will probably get the same again: I've had good service for Nexcen Roadian all terrain tyres - Ok on the freeway and have taken bush roads in their stride - about $165 per tyre - good value.

Hoping to get back up to Tibooburra/Coopers creek later in the year, Hill end in a few weeks time.

Cheers and have a good evening ,

PS I am currently doing a pre trip service so i might be back for advice/comment, Thanks.

Clunk
5th May 2012, 10:21 PM
g'day Malcolm and welcome aboard mate

growler2058
5th May 2012, 11:13 PM
G'day Malcolm welcome aboard mate gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Tappin N Crappin

Tweakedoffroad
6th May 2012, 01:55 AM
G'day mate welcome aboard great bunch with some good info and advice here so feel free to jump in and contribute were you can

AB
6th May 2012, 08:15 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Dhuck
6th May 2012, 09:38 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Maxhead
7th May 2012, 08:44 AM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

Gnasher
8th May 2012, 06:53 AM
Welcome to the forum.........

DX grunt
8th May 2012, 10:06 AM
G'day malcolm

Welcome to the forum and glad you could join us.

Take care out there.

Rossco

Finly Owner
10th May 2012, 11:41 PM
Hi and welcometo Nissans Nut House Malcolm

Tim