PDA

View Full Version : egr block

tony78
3rd May 2012, 05:05 PM
hey guys can anyone tell me where i can get an egr blocking plate for a zd30 in brisbane

boots
3rd May 2012, 05:12 PM
PM the ferret , he makes them and will post it to you .

tony78
3rd May 2012, 05:27 PM
cheers boots.kinda want one as quick as possible thats all.what point do i need to block it off at???

paulyg
3rd May 2012, 05:42 PM
If you get it from the Ferret he will email you some pics showing were it goes, very easy took me about 20 mins.

tony78
3rd May 2012, 06:21 PM
ok thanks for that.do i need to adjust the vnt after blocking th egr off or not.just dont wana stuff it up or else the wife will kill me.hard enough trying to get the cash for all the mods.lol

fishnsurf
3rd May 2012, 07:47 PM
From what i understand u will prob need to adjust vnt but more important do u have your egt and boost gauges fitted as u will need to see whats happening, i blocked my egr last after gauges dawes and needle valve fitted....

ZD30
3rd May 2012, 08:12 PM
if you fit your dawes first and bypass ECU control over boost you should not need to adjust the VNT. I did mine the other way around and it would overboost causing limp mode, then fiitted dawes valve and needle valve to control boost and all good.

tony78
5th May 2012, 09:26 PM
so i need to do the dawes and boost control valve first then.so i get the dawes vale from 3bar racing where did everyone get the boost control valve from and how much is it worth.just so i dont get ripped off with that to???.cheers for the help to guys.much appreciated

fishnsurf
6th May 2012, 02:24 PM
hey tony this will help you with set up... at the bottom is where you can buy needle valve got mine 2 weeks ago $110 2 days to deliver and 3 bar racing was 14 days from states...... but you will need to have your boost gauge installed to adjust everything
http://www.chaz.yellowfoot.org/Manual%20Boost%20Controller.htm

mudski
10th May 2012, 04:58 PM
Heres a list of what I got and where.

Provent 200 Catch can : Ebay $170pp
Needle Valve : Dependable Distributors Adelaide $45pp I think
Dawes : 3Bar in the States for $45pp
EGR plate : Ebay
Boost/ EGT gauge : McNally Electronics in the States for $260 about pp

tony78
12th May 2012, 10:07 AM
cheers guys.i have already installed boost and pyro gauges and have received my egr block plate from the ferret.what a legend he is by the way.so has anyone done this egr block off without having a dawes and needle valve fitted first and did it cause any trouble for anyone doing this before dawes valve.also what boost reading should i be getting once the egr is blocked off.i have a stock 3.0lt turbo diesel.thanks in advance

45/70
12th May 2012, 11:19 AM
cheers guys.i have already installed boost and pyro gauges and have received my egr block plate from the ferret.what a legend he is by the way.so has anyone done this egr block off without having a dawes and needle valve fitted first and did it cause any trouble for anyone doing this before dawes valve.also what boost reading should i be getting once the egr is blocked off.i have a stock 3.0lt turbo diesel.thanks in advance

Personally tony, I would wait until i got the Dawes &needle valves before I blocked the EGR, that way you wont need to adjust the VNT grub screw.

tony78
12th May 2012, 02:37 PM
sweet thanks 45/70.think once all nads are done i will be getting a full carbon clean done as well

45/70
13th May 2012, 02:11 PM
sounds good mate.