http://www.nissan.com.au/webpages/offers/print/Patrol_Wagon_ST_Auto.html

Nissan is giving these extras:
Satellite Navigation with HEMA Tracks
Reversing Camera
Alloy Bullbar (New Design) with Driving Lights
Branded Stainless Steel Rear Wheel Cover
Branded 41 Litre Cooler Box
some extra bits thrown in.

question: is this a good deal or just a fishing line for newbies like me to catch on.

AB
3rd May 2012, 01:33 PM
I saw that a while ago too. Would be a great trip to go on!!!

MudRunnerTD
3rd May 2012, 02:05 PM
I saw that a while ago too. Would be a great trip to go on!!!

AB your confused mate, the OP is talking about a Deal Nissan are doing right now on a New GU8 with lots of freebies. If your looking to buy a New Patrol then this is a great deal!

MudRunnerTD
3rd May 2012, 02:09 PM
Hey Ronin, if your chasing one of these try and do a deal on swapping the front Alloy Bullbar for a Deluxe ARB bar in Steel mate, much much better and stronger for animal strike. Nissan will tell you that the Alloy Bullbar is worth $3k so an ARB deluxe bar should be reasonable.

I bet they wont but that is what i would be pushing for.

AB
3rd May 2012, 02:17 PM
I didn't even click on it...lol...I assumed it was the 50th Anniversary of the first Simpson trip and how Nissan are doing the trip again...LMAO

See below...

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?8238-Nissan-50th-anniversary-of-Simpson-Desert-crossing-in-Patrol&highlight=50th+anniversary

Waka
3rd May 2012, 08:43 PM
yeah I saw that too. I missed out on those free extras by a few weeks. I can't believe my Nissan dealer didn't tell me about that deal.

Ronin
3rd May 2012, 09:49 PM
I can't believe my Nissan dealer didn't tell me about that deal.

I am sure he thought of 'a bird in hand is better than two in bush' , i mean make the sale now rather than hope he will come back in a few weeks time.

f40
4th May 2012, 09:37 AM
guys, saw this on the nissan web page
http://www.nissan.com.au/webpages/models/Patrol_model.html#/special-offers

if that page dosent load try this one
http://www.nissan.com.au/webpages/offers/print/Patrol_Wagon_ST_Auto.html

Nissan is giving these extras:
Satellite Navigation with HEMA Tracks
Reversing Camera
Alloy Bullbar (New Design) with Driving Lights
Branded Stainless Steel Rear Wheel Cover
Branded 41 Litre Cooler Box
some extra bits thrown in.

question: is this a good deal or just a fishing line for newbies like me to catch on.

I dont really know if its such a good deal.

I have been monitoring the price of new GU8s in VIC the last month or so and previous to this 50th Anniversay deal you could get a new manual GU8 around the $50k mark, now the cheapest you find is around $52k - $53k. So they have basically slightly inflated the price to absorb the cost of the extra kit.

Also regarding the extra gear you recieve the only part i would personally find useful is the sat nav. Everything else i could do without.

I would be looking to put a new steel bar on the front and back (so no need for the alloy bar), which may even render the reverse camera useless depending on where it is mounted. Also if you increase your tyre size you most likely wont be able to use your new stainless rear wheel cover either.

So all in all i would rather the extra couple of $1000 off the price for the accessories that I want, not the ones Nissan wants to give me.

MudRunnerTD
4th May 2012, 11:44 AM
^^^ I agree ^^^

Ronin
4th May 2012, 12:01 PM
so reading the forum, the 3lt engine seems to be called a grinade while the 4.2 is the bees knees, so should I get a 4.2 ?

Maxhead
4th May 2012, 01:02 PM
so reading the forum, the 3lt engine seems to be called a grinade while the 4.2 is the bees knees, so should I get a 4.2 ?

Partly correct, the '00 to'03 3l was a grenade and the new CRD is a beast. The 4.2 is a very reliable and trusty slug which could be made into a horsepower heaven

Ronin
4th May 2012, 04:38 PM
Can you get the 2012 GU8 with a 4.2 diesel ?

MudRunnerTD
4th May 2012, 07:03 PM
Can you get the 2012 GU8 with a 4.2 diesel ?

No the last ones imported into Australia were in 2006 that is why they are so Expensive now. You will pay close to New price for a 2006 TD42Ti ST-L if it has less than 150,000kms on it.

Crazy but true!

jack
15th August 2012, 01:33 PM
Hello,

Looking for a Simpson 50th Anniversary Edition owner in the Beaconsfield Victoria area. There is a guy there who makes winch cradles for Nissan Alloy Bars, he wants to have a look at the Simpson 50th Anniversary Edition to see if they fit the new alloy bar.
PM me and I'll give you his email details.

Cheers

Ronin
16th August 2012, 12:28 PM
Hello,

Looking for a Simpson 50th Anniversary Edition owner in the Beaconsfield Victoria area. There is a guy there who makes winch cradles for Nissan Alloy Bars, he wants to have a look at the Simpson 50th Anniversary Edition to see if they fit the new alloy bar.
PM me and I'll give you his email details.

Cheers

I would love help but I am in Brissy.

macca86
16th August 2012, 11:00 PM
Nissan 1% finance is very tempting on a new rig till the end of the month its on till but excludes this special edition