PDA

View Full Version : Scanguage and a GUII.

mudski
2nd May 2012, 09:06 PM
I have a Scanguage II fitted on my DMax which i'm going to sell. The Dmax that is, anyhow I was wondering if this might fit my 2001 GUII. Unless I'm blind I cant seem to find the plug for the SG to fit. If I can't I'll just leave it in the Dmax.

cheers.

Maxhead
2nd May 2012, 09:16 PM
I have a Scanguage II fitted on my DMax which i'm going to sell. The Dmax that is, anyhow I was wondering if this might fit my 2001 GUII. Unless I'm blind I cant seem to find the plug for the SG to fit. If I can't I'll just leave it in the Dmax.

cheers.

Hey mate, the scangauge 2 wont fit your GU2. As I understand it will only fit the ODBII complient vehicles which are the CRD's from 2007 onwards models. I believe the earlier ones where the consult systems which are not compatible. I think ECUTALK (http://www.ecutalk.com/)will be able to do the job

mudski
2nd May 2012, 10:47 PM
Yeah mate I think your right. I remember going through all this when I first bought the Dmax. Anyhow even if it did fit this car would have all the sensors the SG would utilise anyhow. Might aswell leave in the Dmax when I sell it.

Thanks.

mudski
2nd May 2012, 10:52 PM
Looks like the ECUtalk thingo you linked is similar to the SG2 but for double the price of a SG2 they can jam it :animierte-smilies-f

NissanGQ4.2
2nd May 2012, 11:04 PM
Looks like the ECUtalk thingo you linked is similar to the SG2 but for double the price of a SG2 they can jam it :animierte-smilies-f

Similar but the SG2 won't work, so you either pay the price or not have one

mudski
2nd May 2012, 11:31 PM
Lol yeah for the price I rather not have one. It would be nice but the cash could be better spent elsewhere. I only really asked as i have the SG2 sitting here.
Thanks.