PDA

View Full Version : What to upgrade to???

Julz
2nd May 2012, 08:37 PM
Hi my name is Julz.
I have had a 2001 Pathfinder for about 6 years and it has been a great family 4x4. Now we have a pop top caravan the Pathfinder is having a bit of trouble towing off road ( the beach ). The wheel base is pretty close to the same width as the car but when I get into soft sand trying to park up if I dont have momentum I get a bit stuck..... Bogged!!! We are trying to plan a trip to the kimberleys in a couple of years and I know that the Pathfinder is not the vehicle for the job. What is a good reliable Nissan that will get us through the hard to go places but on a budget. All advice will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Julz.

Bigrig
2nd May 2012, 08:41 PM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

Ballpark budget mate?? Any of the line up will do what you're after, but fuel economy etc will come into play at some point, so depending on the budget, you may be able to get into the Demi-God of Patrols (a turbo diesel 4.2) in a later model that would diddle with the camper and not necessarily need a fuel tanker driving along side of it.

Heaps of advice will be given to help you out, however, the best bet is to go and test drive a few with dollars in hand as they go pretty quick depending on the vintage and the engine.

Enjoy!!

growler2058
2nd May 2012, 08:45 PM
Gday Julz welcome aboard mate gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice
Gotta be a GQ TD42 ;-)

taslucas
2nd May 2012, 08:58 PM
Gday Julz. Welcome aboard.
I think youve got the answer to your question simply by joining the NissanPatrol forum:)
As has been said above, the factors you need to take into account are: Price range, fuel economy, the amount of extras or mods you want. But all in all, a patrol will do good by you!

growler2058
2nd May 2012, 09:01 PM
Gday Julz. Welcome aboard.
I think youve got the answer to your question simply by joining the NissanPatrol forum:)
As has been said above, the factors you need to take into account are: Price range, fuel economy, the amount of extras or mods you want. But all in all, a patrol will do good by you! (ps not an auto theyre a PITA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAa i agree Lucas hmmpffff hehehhee

Tweakedoffroad
3rd May 2012, 04:34 AM
G'day mate welcome aboard great bunch with some good info and advice here so feel free to jump in and contribute were you can

Dhuck
3rd May 2012, 08:00 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

wildgu6
3rd May 2012, 08:15 AM
G'day & welcome aboard Julz
Great lot here with tons of advice and adventures and experiences,
Hang around, ask away and Join in where ever you feel comfortable.
4.2 TD is a winner

Enjoy, Cheers Pete

Yappa tappa doo

Maxhead
3rd May 2012, 07:08 PM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate