PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

philZD30patrol
2nd May 2012, 05:04 PM
Hi

Please allow me to introduce myself.

my name is Phil and I am from the A.C.T. I am an old retired electrician who is trying to spend my kids inheritance on camping, traveling and spoiling my grand kids rotten.

I drive a 2001 GU ZD30 automatic ST wagon. Unmodified except for dieselgas injection. Bought 2nd hand in 2003 with 70,000 kms. Now has 202,000 kms on the clock.

No troubles, totally reliable until the last few weeks, Fitted new radiator as top tank hose coupling nearly failed and now truck is staling, sometimes restarting sometimes not until next morning or sometimes within a few minutes or so.

Love the Patrol as it goes anywhere within reason with no fuss and a pleasure to drive.

Cheers
Phil

AB
2nd May 2012, 05:14 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

I am an old retired electrician who is trying to spend my kids inheritance on camping, traveling

Comment of the day mate...haha

timbar
2nd May 2012, 05:17 PM
G'day - Welcome aboard join in when you are ready and have some fun ! plenty to do and see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer !! Bucket loads of usefull information here plenty to read so join in meet the great bunch of guys and girls on our wonderful forum !!

You will not be disapointed !!

ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim

Bigrig
2nd May 2012, 06:01 PM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

Enjoy!!

Dhuck
2nd May 2012, 06:14 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

growler2058
2nd May 2012, 06:24 PM
Gday Phil welco,me aboard mate gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Mike E
2nd May 2012, 11:47 PM
Hi Phil
I'm new to the forum and fairly new to living in Canberra (moved down from the Gold Coast 2 yrs ago)
I used to be an electrical fitter many years ago.
That stalling must be a pain on the GU... Have any of the members been able to help?
I know a pretty decent mechanic in Woden if that helps you. He sorted out some issues on my 1990 petrol Maverick (not sure how much he works on diesels tho)
Cheers
Mike

Airstrike
3rd May 2012, 12:40 AM
Hi mate, Welcome to the forum

Tweakedoffroad
3rd May 2012, 04:29 AM
G'day mate welcome aboard great bunch with some good info and advice here so feel free to jump in and contribute were you can

DX grunt
3rd May 2012, 08:52 AM
G'day Phil

Welcome aboard and great to have you here.

Take care out there.

Rossco

taslucas
3rd May 2012, 01:25 PM
Gday Phil, welcome to the forum mate, theres plenty of info and advice around here to help you out

Maxhead
3rd May 2012, 07:04 PM
G'Day and welcome to the forum Phil, good to see another local on here

philZD30patrol
11th May 2012, 04:42 PM
Hi Mike

Thanks for your greetings and hope you are getting use to the big change from the GG to the ACT. We have lived here since 1987 having moved from Ipswich when the Swanbank Power Station had a large number of redundancies due to the phasing out of Swanbank A Station.

Sorry I was so slow to respond but got caught up in many projects and didn't open the forum until today, 11th May.

After much soul searching and asking around I have placed an order for a new 2012 DX GU 8 Wagon. I plan to sell the 2001 model when I clean it up. I will place it on ebay with info about the engine stopping problems and see how I go. A diesel expert with a good reputation that I know of in the ACT region, Cooma Diesel in Fyshwick, believe the problem is the injector pump.,The NRMA and the mechanic who does most of my normal car servicing agree and they all recommended replacing the truck as I have had my money's worth and if I want to do a lot of traveling around Oz I need a good reliable vehicle.
I am waiting delivery in a few weeks time.

Cheers
Phil

philZD30patrol
11th May 2012, 04:47 PM
Hi Nisshead

Thanks for your welcome to the Patrol Forum. Glad to see you have a 2012 GU 8

I have just placed an order for a 2012 DX GU 8 automatic to be delivered in the next few weeks.

Hope it goes well for many years

Cheers
Phil

Finly Owner
11th May 2012, 09:38 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Phil. Happy Spending Mate, you deserve it!

Tim

krogh
12th May 2012, 11:24 PM
Hi Phil, welcome to the forum