PDA

View Full Version : Boggy ck tk

PaulH
1st May 2012, 10:27 PM
Hi all
New to this forum, I am after information on possibilty of doing Boggy ck tk sth west of Alice with my recently acquired camper trailer and also the Reynolds River tk into the back of Litchfield from Daly River.
I have never owned one, only ever been a tent man, so am a bit concerned how much of an anchor these things are?

Bigrig
1st May 2012, 10:43 PM
What sort of trailer mate?? Dimensions (7x4; 8x5), weight, etc ... alloy or steel?

PaulH
2nd May 2012, 12:02 AM
Trailer is a Tambo copy, steel. Will try and keep trailer unloaded as much as possible

MudRunnerTD
2nd May 2012, 12:08 AM
G'day Paul,

Welcome to the forum mate, I'd appreciate it if you could head over to the intro section and post up an intro and say g'day mate, we like folks to say g'day before asking questions. Its polite. ;)

Cheers MR

MudRunnerTD
2nd May 2012, 12:13 AM
Hi all
New to this forum, I am after information on possibilty of doing Boggy ck tk sth west of Alice with my recently acquired camper trailer and also the Reynolds River tk into the back of Litchfield from Daly River.
I have never owned one, only ever been a tent man, so am a bit concerned how much of an anchor these things are?

Trailer is a Tambo copy, steel. Will try and keep trailer unloaded as much as possible

What is a Tambo Copy? I have a Tambo Camper trailer built in Wantirna Victoria? did you get one of their trailers only or something?

Re your OP. I think you are referring to "Boggy Hole" South of Hermansburg. I was up there a couple of years ago and unfortunately could not get in there, it had been closed for a month due to rain and big rivers. It would be worth contacting the Hermansburg Police Station and they may be able to give yo some current track data for there.

In any case it is rated as a Very Hard track without a trailer on and i think is a 4 to 6 hours trip in so heads up. Give the locals a call mate, Might save your life. ;)

Cheers

PaulH
3rd May 2012, 11:02 PM
Thanks MR. Will post an introduction. Yes Boggy Hole is the tk. Spoke to mate who likes the place, I think unless I can change the misses mind about taking the trailer and use tent instead, I wont risk it, as I'm solo. I thought this might happen. May as well sell the 4by and by a car.
Tambo copy? the trailer not built by them, but closely copied with extra reinforcing and a Tambo top.
Bought used, tent in as new cond. Built in Ferntree Gully.