PDA

View Full Version : Fuel gauge

macka82
1st May 2012, 06:41 PM
Hi there, I have a gu8 patrol and I can't seem to get the low fuel light to come on.. I have run it basically till the needle is below E and still does not come on!! When re fueling both sub tank and main tank it only took 95 lt, and that's with needle below E?? Does anyone else have this? Not to keen to push my luck and run it till the light eventually comes on!!

Blacklotusdog
3rd May 2012, 09:38 PM
Hey Macka,

I haven't run my fuel that low before so can't comment on that specifically, however maybe on a related note.

When i fill my tanks both sub tank and the main tank gauge read a bit below the full line, this is with sticking the fuel pump all the way in as far as it goes and pumping till it automatically clicks off.

When you fill your tanks do your needles go above the full line? Can any other GU8 owners comment on this?

Cheers,

Tim

Bulbous
4th May 2012, 05:48 AM
Both my Main and sub indicate over the full line when they are full. Also my warning light comes on just as it reaches empty. (It's a 4.8 so it goes from 1/4 full to empty pretty quick) In fact the accuracy of the gauge is pretty dismal. It reads over F for the first 80+ km before it drops at all

Gas_Guzzler4800
4th May 2012, 07:31 AM
My low fuel light works on my 4.8, however I notice if its on the E line and I put 12 litres in it ( just a test ) it reads 1/4 tank. Its definetely inaccurate because 1/4 of 95 litres is not 12 litres

macka82
5th May 2012, 08:02 AM
When completely full both needles show under full mark, especially the sub tank. they must be inaccurate to what the gauge indicates. Might have to keep going and see when the light does come on!!!

Maxhead
5th May 2012, 08:15 AM
Mine are over full when fully filled up.

My warning light has never come on yet and I have been down to 15l (filled up 110l). The needle was just on Empty when I filled up.
I think it should come on with about 10-15l...but not sure.

On my 2008 Troll the light used to come on when I still had 20-25 litres left and the needle was just above E

I think just drive it till the light comes on and then fill up so you know what you have left and roughly work out how many KM's you can do before you run out.