PDA

View Full Version : 3rd row seats

Superoo
30th April 2012, 10:29 PM
Hi all, does anyone know how I can remove the 3rd row seats?
I would like to put them back eventually.
Thanks.

Winnie
30th April 2012, 10:36 PM
In my GQ when you fold the seats all the way forward there are 4 14mm bolts to undo. That's it.

Tappa tappa

AB
30th April 2012, 10:38 PM
x 2 mate put the seats forward and you'll see how it all goes together. Keep all the bolts too...Don't loose them!

snakessou
30th April 2012, 11:14 PM
I saw a guy in the local rag wanting to buy 3rd row seats for his patrol, he was willing to part with 300 for them. But wouldnt get rid of them if i was you. if you choose to sell the vehicle it would be a better sales point with than without.

Silver
1st May 2012, 12:51 AM
there's a few rules about this, and of course they vary from State to State, in relation to whether removing seats requires engineering certification.

In Sunny Qld it is ok, provided removal is temporary. So, have the right answer ready if officialdom ever asks, and also have the seat ready if you need a roadworthy to sell the vehicle, as is required in Qld.

My third row seats are out temporarily, and are hanging up under the house.

Interestingly, if you have third row seats, you also need to retain the sliding rear windows. I can remember me and most of the rest of the water polo team climbing into the old man's 4by wagon in the mid 70s, with a substantial number of us sitting in the cargo area. Was probably illegal then, and certainly had some risk attached, but that kind of thing was pretty common back then :-) Anyhoo, that's another reason I have kept the third row seats, in case the Nipper takes up a team sport.

A search on here should reveal where this has been discussed previously :-) -

my third 256
1st May 2012, 07:41 AM
you need to tell us your model gq/gu but i saw in your intro you have a 2003 gu so all you need to do is put seets down /
lift the plastic cover on top of wheel arch at side of seets
undo bolts
lift seets out
put bolts back in so they dont get lost
put covers bach on
or have a look at this thread
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?6488-How-do-you-remove-rear-seats&highlight=remove+rear+seats
hope this helps stephen