PDA

View Full Version : leaking exhaust

luvpsi
29th April 2012, 07:01 PM
hey guys sorry for bothering you all all the time but im just trying to fix all the problems on the GQ. i have this annoying hole in the exhaust which i thought was small and thought id fix with muffler putty for now until i can afford a new exhaust. well i got under it today and found that its not a small hole its a BIG one. it seems as though where the flexi join from the stock exhaust manifold has busted. its near a bracket that is near the gearbox mounting it to the chassis. my question is the flexy join welded to manifold from factory and can i just get a second hand manifold with it on or do i need a new system

AB
29th April 2012, 08:01 PM
You probably can if you know how to weld but you will need that whole middle section of the exhaust to make life easier.

Just keep your eyes out on Ebay mate for a second hand exhaust in good nick. They come up all the time from people upgrading to 2 1/2" to 3" exhaust. Should get one cheap as chips.

I sold my stock TD42 N/A GQ exhaust for peanuts!

growler2058
29th April 2012, 08:06 PM
Don't worry about bothering anyone mate that's what the forums all about. Lending a hand. However Bummer I chucked mine a coupla months ago :-(

Tappin N Crappin

luvpsi
29th April 2012, 09:02 PM
bugger im considering going bigger anyway now being non turbo im assuming 3 inch will be to big so 2.5 inch would be best yeah

growler2058
29th April 2012, 09:22 PM
I got a 2.75 from ebay for my NA td42

luvpsi
29th April 2012, 09:41 PM
ill look into it

Robo
30th April 2012, 01:37 AM
TB42s, 2-1/2 is the go.
any larger and incab noise becomes a bit much for non turbo.
go to large risk losing gas velocity,and some performance gains also.

Bigrig
30th April 2012, 08:01 AM
I had 2.5 on old setup and went 2.75" for the turbo setup which is too small .. so I'd be suggesting weigh up when you intend to get the turbo as its an expensive exercise to swap it now only to have to upgrade again in 6 months or whenever you get the turbo.

luvpsi
30th April 2012, 09:12 PM
does anyone in perth have the engine pipe for td42 gq (the one from manifold to underbody