PDA

View Full Version : Coil spacers.

GQ snail
29th April 2012, 05:43 PM
Hay team.

Am thinking of getting either 30 or 50mm coil spacers. Currently have stock suspension on the GQ. Looking at 2" lift in future.

What are peoples thoughts on spacers, GOOD or BAD

4by
29th April 2012, 09:13 PM
I've had them in my 4wd and so do my mates. Rules are only for offroad use but I bet alot off people use them on road. You will need to change your shocks for longer one. They can also be used to level sagged suspension. I bought a gu with 50mm in the front and rear with longer shocks. Previous owner did a few offroad trips etc and no problems. I pulled out the rears to put in thicker springs so I'll be offloading the rear set. You could go 50mm in rear and 30mm in front. Or you could buy a second hand set of coils with shocks for not much more dollars......

growler2058
29th April 2012, 09:24 PM
IMHO i think they give you a weak link in your suspension, Id wait until ya can do the 2" lift properly.

nissannewby
29th April 2012, 09:54 PM
IMHO i think they give you a weak link in your suspension, Id wait until ya can do the 2" lift properly.

I tend to agree these are just a cheap fix for sagged springs if you do use them make sure you retain them somehow zip ties etc 2" lifts arent overly expensive i would just wait til you have the coin and do it this way.

GQ snail
30th April 2012, 09:21 AM
Thanks.

Think I will wait and do it all properly, nearly have coin for lift and think will be more satisfied with bright new springs and shocks under the old girl.