PDA

View Full Version : Hoping to be a Patrol Owner

Ree
29th April 2012, 11:48 AM
Hi Everyone,

At the moment we have around 50k and will be buying a 4b to set off and see Australia with our 3 kiddos for a couple of years.

So right now we (or I should say, I) am researching, reading and have serious brain overload at trying to decide what to do!

Love all the info around the forum, and hopefully, if the decision is right for us, we'll be heading around Oz in a Patrol :)

megatexture
29th April 2012, 11:57 AM
theres no decition to make it will be a patrol you will love it ... oh well i lie now you have decided on a patrol now u need to decide what powerhouse u want to run it !!happy days ahead

Bigrig
29th April 2012, 11:59 AM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

Enjoy!!

Ree
29th April 2012, 12:08 PM
Thanks guys.

We automatically looked at the Patrol, hubby convinced me a long time ago that would be our ideal car. Had to say I agreed.
THEN I started finding all sorts of bad news, info and problems with newer Patrols and Nissan being pretty crap to deal with as far as warranties etc.

SO that has me really worried, don't want to invest that kind of money only to have our car blow up on us while we're travelling Aus. and Nissan not cover it under warranty!

BUT from what I've read the new model GU8 don't have the same problems as the original 3ltrs, and there's a few mods we can make that will help prevent any unwanted blown engines!

Now the decision is between a 4.2 05/06 (but everyone seems to be selling these for WAY more than a new car will cost us around here) OR a 2012 brand spanker S :)

That or (dare I say it) a Prado!

My heart says Patrol, just gotta make sure that common sense does too. I figured no way better to get the info I'm after than ask the people who know, right here on this forum :)

megatexture
29th April 2012, 12:27 PM
when you think about it patrols own the market over prados/land cruisers so naturally with so many of them on the road you will hear about the breakdowns/bad service more than the Toyotas dont mean they have their own issues and service depends where you take the vechicle

Tweakedoffroad
29th April 2012, 12:57 PM
G'day mate welcome aboard great bunch with some good info and advice here so feel free to jump in and contribute were you can
You won't regret the decision as there is no other to travel Oz with, if you can afford the tdi4.2 I would get that they are bullet proof but expensive to buy

boosh
29th April 2012, 02:22 PM
Welcome! You'll have a killer time Patroling Australia! :P

AB
29th April 2012, 07:52 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

growler2058
29th April 2012, 07:56 PM
Gday welcome aboard mate gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice GO THE TROLL!!!

Dhuck
30th April 2012, 08:05 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

Maxhead
30th April 2012, 08:10 AM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate