PDA

View Full Version : how much oil?

aus46er
28th April 2012, 03:05 PM
how much oil will the td42 y60 take after a oil change?

Bigrig
28th April 2012, 03:29 PM
Hey mate

How about slipping over to the introduction section and posting up some info on you and the rig, no harm done, and we're a friendly bunch willing to assist anyone, but it's something we ask for prior to posting questions etc - lets everyone know who you are and who they're yakking with.

That said, welcome aboard, and hope you hang around to enjoy the place!!

AB
28th April 2012, 09:16 PM
As said above mate, welcome to the forum and don't forget to wang up an intro.

I think from memory It's about 10.5 litres.

Trolatron
28th April 2012, 10:17 PM
how much oil will the td42 y60 take after a oil change?

Trick question......

AFTER the oil change the oil will be full....Hahaha

Bigrig
28th April 2012, 11:54 PM
Trick question......

AFTER the oil change the oil will be full....Hahaha

Classic!! lol

aus46er
29th April 2012, 07:55 AM
thanks for the wake up call with my manners,intro started.i put 8litres in and kept looking under the car wondering where it was going or if the dipstick had been shortened,back to the oil shop..

growler2058
29th April 2012, 07:57 AM
thanks for the wake up call with my manners,intro started.i put 8litres in and kept looking under the car wondering where it was going or if the dipstick had been shortened,back to the oil shop..

No worries mate
They take 9.7 with filters I think from memory mate it's heaps!!

Tappin N Crappin

AB
29th April 2012, 08:56 AM
No worries mate
They take 9.7 with filters I think from memory mate it's heaps!!

Tappin N Crappin

Yep, yours will be less with a Naturally Aspirated 4.2. With turbo it adds a little more. Rossco and I do our services at the same time and we always need a little more than a 20 litre drum which is frustrating.

madmike
1st May 2012, 10:09 PM
10.5 litres with the filters. Also just on a side note what oil are you using? I have always been a Castrol person and found that rx super works the best but i have only tried diesel magnatec and rx.
what is everyone else using?

Richo460
8th May 2012, 05:04 AM
i used some nulon diesel (15w/40 i think), it seems ok for now but only just did the service, ran gulf western in my old td42 and it was good too.

when i did my oil change the other day i notices that my sump looks like it has been cut and had another section welded on, does not look factory, still only holds 10 litres though. Strange, will get photos.

Gilbert
8th May 2012, 05:46 PM
Mine (non-turbo) takes 9.5 litres when you change the filters, which shoudl be done every time. Cheap insurance, I figure.