PDA

View Full Version : 2 inch lift

Mugsy
27th April 2012, 10:54 PM
hey guys bought a 2 inch lift around 6 months ago from superior engineering,

after getting 33's recently, they guy who sold me the tyres claimed it was NOT a 2 inch lift but rather just heavier springs.

my question to use is. are the two inch lift kit springs longer or just a heavier spring?

because i do remember the springs being the same size as the old one (standard springs)

Clunk
27th April 2012, 10:58 PM
Trying to remember when I changed mine over......... pretty sure the springs were longer and so were the shockies. Ive got standard rate in the front and heavy duty in the rear.

Did you notice the difference when you swapped yours over?

Mugsy
27th April 2012, 11:01 PM
in size there was no difference, but because they were a heavier spring it did sit the car a little higher.
im pretty sure there suppose to be longer but i wanted to clarify before i started accusing them of giving me the wrong product.

so if anyone is 100% certain that they are suppose to be longer that would be great!

MudRunnerTD
27th April 2012, 11:03 PM
A two inch after market spring will be a much heavier gauge steel so will be a heavier duty.

When i did my 3" Old Man Emu lift i was surprised to put the Nissan spring beside the 3" OME spring and see that they were basically the same height (unsprung) Trust me, when the load went on the 3" was there and i love it!

Who was the guy that sold you the tyres? some Wally or someone that Should know? If he is some Wally then leave his advise where it was, with him ;) Some bloke standing beside your car will be hard pressed to make the call on the size of your lift mate, I dont really care who he is ;)

The only way to really tell is to measure the car, OR, if the springs still have their tags on them call Superiors and ask them what the part number means. Dont loose sleep.

Mugsy
27th April 2012, 11:07 PM
yeah i thought he was a bit of a dick (even though he sold be maxxis 33's for $237each and sunraysia rims for $65 each. but it was definately a heavier gauge steel and definately sat the car higher, but just wanted to clarify that. as im looking to put a bigger one in it now as i have a roof tent and have plans of draws and fridge going in the back and was hoping i might be able to get a credit on them if they were wrong.

Clunk
27th April 2012, 11:21 PM
Thanks MR, I got a memory like a sieve at the mo............. so am I correct in remembering it was my shocks that were longer and not the springs?

Mugsy
27th April 2012, 11:25 PM
cheers boys for the help