PDA

View Full Version : sky treck SA

4wdnut2012
27th April 2012, 08:48 PM
Hi I was wondering if anyone has done the sky track flinders rangers. I would like to know the price for camping and entry, what the track is like and what modifications u need if they are required. thanks for your help.

growler2058
27th April 2012, 08:58 PM
Hey mate ill get you a link im in Pt Augusta right now working on a bank!!

growler2058
27th April 2012, 09:00 PM
Hereya mate check this link out http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?2415-Skytrek

wildgu6
27th April 2012, 09:03 PM
Hey buddy, check this link out. Well worth the trip.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?2415-Skytrek

wildgu6
27th April 2012, 09:05 PM
Damn your quick, Get back to work G

wildgu6
27th April 2012, 09:07 PM
As for mod's buddy, all i got is 2" lift, BFGs and an esky and done it 3 times now.

pearcey
27th April 2012, 09:11 PM
G`day Pete.
I read some where that they have changed some of the tracks. Trying to remember where I read it Old timers is a bit of a bugger sometimes

wildgu6
27th April 2012, 09:16 PM
Hey Pearcey, how ya doing mate, yer know what ya meen lol, read it myself, might even be in the above link, havent gone back through it, just posted it hahaha

gbab01
27th April 2012, 09:16 PM
Hi. I've done it twice. First time about 5 years ago and last time about 2 years ago. I was in a Suzuki XL-7 then which got through no worries but had a few bottoming out issues in some of the rockier parts. The Patrol would have lapped it up. Suzuki suffered from lack of height issues. Just checked the Willow Springs web site and I see they have had to re route the track as of March 2012 (attached media release) so I can't tell you what the new one is like. It's a good spot though and central so get out and about and do some of the public access routes that are nearby as well (grab a PAR map). Current rates are $65 for the track. Camp cost is $20 for first 2 persons + $5 for each extra person per vehicle per night (bush camping). As I said I can't comment on the new track but I would suggest a standard Patrol will have no problems. Give the owners a call and discuss they are more than helpful.

I will no doubt go again especially since the track has changed.

www.skytrekwillowsprings.com.au

Cheers.