PDA

View Full Version : GQ Owners DO NOT LOOK

Bulbous
26th April 2012, 06:38 AM
Not sure how you could call this an improvement

http://www.rhinobuggies.com.au/build.asp

growler2058
26th April 2012, 07:45 AM
Gee if I can roof mount a .50 cal to the roof!!!!!! Mmmmmmm agathas showing some rust?!?!?

Tappin N Crappin

oncedisturbed
26th April 2012, 07:46 AM
mmmmmmmm....rhino buggy, so many options to choose from.....*drools*...wifey won't le me have 1

taslucas
26th April 2012, 08:30 AM
My mate has one in his shed. Built over an MQ chassis with the SD33T. Long term project but all he has to do is fit out the interior. It will be fun. They look bigger but the roof is actually lower than the donor MQ wagon and all the panels etc are lighter so in theory, it should have a bit more go.

HammerBuilder
27th April 2012, 06:05 PM
My mate has one in his shed. Built over an MQ chassis with the SD33T. Long term project but all he has to do is fit out the interior. It will be fun. They look bigger but the roof is actually lower than the donor MQ wagon and all the panels etc are lighter so in theory, it should have a bit more go.

Yeah the body's are about 100kg or more lighter than GQ wagon depending which body you buy can be as much as 220kg lighter just from what the owner has told me but they are a Replacement Body changeover not a kit car so easier to keep registered n all the new models are based off the GQ chassis fitment & standard has a 2inch body lift welded in from the factory.

97_gq_lwb
27th April 2012, 08:37 PM
I went and looked at one of them shells it was on ebay 5 minutes away for $1000 i think it was .
As i had a rusty gq td42 here i was considering fitting one.
Anyway it had very poor build quality it was like a garden shed took less then 2 minutes to decide against it i watched it on ebay and some poor bugger paid near $2000 for it .

Finly Owner
27th April 2012, 11:30 PM
I can just see 1 running around with a Nissan Badge on it! (painted red)

Tim

Clunk
28th April 2012, 12:12 AM
why spoil perfection with american looking tosh!!!!!!!! lol

Mmarcuss
28th April 2012, 07:14 AM
why spoil perfection with american looking tosh!!!!!!!! lol

My thoughts exactly.

mitchgq
1st May 2012, 10:43 AM
i never liked them to much i have seen 1 or 2 that looked ok, not my cuppa tea. love my patrol to much to do that to it.

White Elephant
1st May 2012, 02:11 PM
Not sure how you could call this an improvement

http://www.rhinobuggies.com.au/build.asp

Simply awesome. My favourite line-The Nissan Patrol is a durable and unstoppable 4WD. So there is no better vehicle for you to use as a base donor vehicle

purplebus
2nd May 2012, 02:37 PM
saw one on the coast that was really well done inside and out. had a full white leather interior.the guy was very happy with it and i could appreciate the work/time/$$$ he put into it but not my cuppa tea.

rusty_nail
2nd May 2012, 02:51 PM
not for me, why ruin a perfectly GREAT car that has real character, and throw it away for a ugly american doo?

stets
2nd May 2012, 07:54 PM
i want one, but not the way they do it. i want a dual cab trayback ute type one. all custom barwork, portals, the list goes on.....