PDA

View Full Version : Auber Instuments SYL-1813 Guage

reactbob
25th April 2012, 08:49 PM
Hi can anyone help have just bought a EGT and Boost guage for my 1997 GQ RD2.8t I dont think I have a problem with the EGT guage but the boost guage is a Auber Instuments SYL-1813, which is programable but at the moment I cannot get it programbed properly, at the moment when you turn it on it reads 4.8 and doesnt do much else. Anyone had anything to do with these guages. The sender is a Auber 303 3 Bar Boost Transmitter for a diesel engine. I am trying to get it to read in PSI and to read zero when the engine is not running. Any ideas anyone.

Regards Bob

97_gq_lwb
26th April 2012, 07:05 AM
Did you read the instructions and change the programme options for the 3 bar map

reactbob
26th April 2012, 03:07 PM
Yes I did read the instructions but I am not sure if I have done it correctly.

Regards Bob

MC97GQ
26th April 2012, 09:35 PM
Bob,

I recently installed both these gauges, when the boost gauge comes from Auber it will be set for BAR, you will need to change it to PSI,

In the instruction manual you need to make sure the gauge is set for the MAP sensor, Press SET then enter 0089 and then scroll down and enter 1-5V.

Once your have done this you need to change to PSI you need to change the decimal point to DOT 000.0 then the PuL to 000.2 then change the PuH to 45.7. Then you will need to add/subtract to get an accurate reading.

The best info I can give is play with all the settings, you won't hurt the gauges.

It's hard to type in what to do, short of typing the manual.

But if you want me to run through it with you on the phone PM me your mobile and I will ring you at a time that is convenient.

Mark

reactbob
27th April 2012, 10:14 AM
Thanks for that Mark I will have another go at it and if I get stuck I will give you a pm. Once again thanks for being so helpful.

Regards Bob

Snafu
27th April 2012, 11:59 PM
Bob I think I still have instructions for the the Auber gauge set up. Got it off a guy on the patrol forum ( fox shooter ) who brought these gauges in 4 or so years ago.
If I still have it I'll scan it and PM it to you.

reactbob
29th April 2012, 09:37 PM
Ok this is driving me crazy, I have a Auber 303 3 Bar Boost Sender connected to their SYL-1813 gauge I also found version 1.1 of their instructions.
My settings are below

IntY 5v
dot 000.0
PuL 054
PuH 048.9
PSb 000.0

When the engine is not running the gauge displays 9.8
Looking at the instructions you seem to be able to input negative numbers when trying to set the zero adjustment
but I can't figure out how to get it to set to zero.
Just about to have a brain meltdown.

Regards Bob

MC97GQ
30th April 2012, 09:28 AM
Bob,

Found your problem, it should be:

PuL= Minus(-)05.4
PuH = 048.9

Mine is set at PuL = Minus(-)05.6
PuH= 48.7

And mine sits at zero with the truck at idle

Don't forget the minus when you set it and when you change either figure i.e.: add to one figure you need to subtract the same amount from the other figure

Mark

reactbob
2nd May 2012, 05:24 PM
Thanks for your help working like a dream. Now to find some other problems to fix.

Regards Bob