PDA

View Full Version : Why does my 2.8l gu keep blowing rocker casket

Tonyholland
23rd April 2012, 10:39 PM
Hoping someone can help, my 2.8l gu is blowing rocker caskets and is leaking so much oil it's embarrassing to park anywhere , anyone got suggestions?

the ferret
23rd April 2012, 10:42 PM
Are you sure it's the gasket and not a crack in the rocker cover?

How about hopping onto the introductions thread and telling us a bit about yourself and your rig mate.
Cheers, the ferret.

iansmqshotyy
23rd April 2012, 10:44 PM
check the pcv , if its building crankcase presure that will be the first gasket to go.. alsol when you fit a new one dress the gasket with loctite 515 or 518 ,these are anerobic sealants and are prob the best avail. in a lot of instances i used to leave of te gasket completely and use only these sealants ( full custom l20b efi bluebird built for sprints racing) and never failed.

Tonyholland
23rd April 2012, 10:56 PM
I had the rocker casket replaced 2weeks ago and it's leaking more than than before, but I noticed that that if I loosen the oil cap it's not leaking out of the casket, I'm new to driving a diesel and I'm concerned about the amount of oil leaking.

nissannewby
24th April 2012, 07:50 AM
Check the breather it may be blocked causing higher crank case pressures.

Lieney
3rd June 2012, 04:29 PM
I agree with Inasmqshortyy.
Remove the rocker cover, clean all the sealing surfaces and remove the gasket.
Apply a small strip of 515 (the red one) loctite to the rocker cover and then fit the gasket.
Apply the 515 loctite to the other side of the Gasket and re-fit the rocker cover.
Check your PCV valve while its off. If its blocked, gaskets will leak, and seals will follow.