PDA

View Full Version : OIl housing oil leak

chev_1973
23rd April 2012, 05:21 PM
Hi all,

1998 Gu 4.5 litre petrol.

I've noticed while ago a small oil leak from my oil housing.

I've taken it of twice so far, replaced the gasket and the oil ring inside but it still leaks tiny bit?

Hoses are fine and I couldn't see any cracks.

Any idea?

Also is it possible to buy an after market oil filter relocation kit? If yes who sells them and what is included in hte set?

Thanks

AB
23rd April 2012, 08:01 PM
Hi mate, just checking you mean It's leaking out of the sump gasket on the bottom of the block?

Do all the screws/bolts go in fine, not stripped, etc?

Have you degreased everything to identify that It's exactly coming out of there...

twisty
23rd April 2012, 08:13 PM
I've noticed while ago a small oil leak from my oil housing.

just checking you mean It's leaking out of the sump gasket on the bottom of the block?

AB I think chev means the oil filter housing. Mine leaks a bit as well. Not fixed yet so I'm watching with interest.

AB
23rd April 2012, 08:22 PM
Cheers Twisty, not with it tonight!

Are the oil sender units above the oil filters on the 4.5's?

I thought mine was leaking a while back on the TD42 but after cleaning it all up I noticed the sender was only dripping exactly onto where the filter meets the housing.

A friend of mine had this problem as well years ago and found that the old gasket from the filter was stuck on and didn't realise when he put the new one on too which caused it to leak....Didn't lubricate it initially so it stuck on.

chev_1973
24th April 2012, 04:06 PM
It's actually oil housing.

It really annoys me, it's a very small leak but I've replaced everything but the houseing it's self.