PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

JohnnyBigPants
21st April 2012, 10:00 PM
Hello Everybody,

I have had my virtually stock 1994 GQ ST30 for nearly 2.5 years. My family and I have become very attached to "Charlie" (sad I know, but don't tell me my Patrol doesn't have a soul - at least not in earshot of the car or kids); Charlie has been incredibly reliable and only a replacement clutch (ordinary wear) and a failed alternator at 265,000Kms troubled us at all. The RB30S motor has proven to be as dependable as everyone says it is. However, our use of the car has until recently been a little average - mainly dog walk runs, over the range to the "Tablelands" and further west camping etc. Not used every day as I have a company car. I always had in mind the desire to renovate this great car and now is the time; hence joining this forum.
Although the RB30S is as solid as, it does lack power, :icon_driving:mainly when loaded and going uphill. So when offered a reconn'ed RB30DE Skyline motor, I had to take it. So, Charlie is away at the moment being transplanted and I am excited about driving "Charlie II - reborn"! The mechanic doing the swap (a mate), will be setting the unit for optimum towing power, porting the heads and stuff. Have seen some footage of GQ's with this mod and have been impressed. However, I am cautious by nature and imagine there are potential pitfalls, so if anybody has any feedback, good, bad or ugly, I'm all ears.
Assuming all is good, Charlie is up for a full cosmetic make over as & when the cash is available.

Anyway: that's where I am at.........thanks!:icon_driving:

Clunk
21st April 2012, 10:05 PM
g'day Johnny, welcome aboard mate........ got any pics of Charlie that you're able to throw up???

Dhuck
22nd April 2012, 08:27 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

growler2058
22nd April 2012, 08:48 AM
Gday mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

EDIT: Good luck with Charlies Rebirth send our regards hahahaha

AB
22nd April 2012, 09:43 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Maxhead
22nd April 2012, 09:44 AM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

Tweakedoffroad
23rd April 2012, 02:38 PM
G'day mate welcome aboard great bunch with some good info and advice here so feel free to jump in and contribute were you can

wildgu6
23rd April 2012, 03:32 PM
G'day & welcome aboard mate
Great lot here with tons of advice and adventures and experiences,
Hang around, ask away and Join in where ever you feel comfortable.

Enjoy, Cheers Pete

Yappa tappa doo

frenzy
23rd April 2012, 08:35 PM
Welcome aboard!

Where are the piccies?????????

Good luck with it.

Finly Owner
25th April 2012, 12:40 AM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Johnny

Tim